A453 pats place

as most of you will know its the 2 laybys by east midlands airport at donnington park. the one im on about is opposite the 24 hr cabin run by the polish guy with the £1.99 breakfast supposidly seen on tv :question: :question: :question: :question: :question: :unamused: .

i stopped here this week and had shepards pie with chips and a tea £5.50 with free refills.

now im a big lover of shepards pie and this was nice although there could have been a bit more gravy in with the mince, but the bonus was proper deep fat fried potatoe chips not your normal oven chips fried, really tasty and well worth a stop.

the menu is limited but that is to provide good food well made rather than plenty of cheap crap food.

there is decking for smokers to have a chill while waiting for their grub and some picnic benches.

these owners have gone to a lot of trouble for drivers and i was well impressed.

to top it of the bird serving was a cracking bit of ■■■■.

:wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

ooooo northern boys looove gravy !!!

(soccer am joke :stuck_out_tongue:)

I Moved the polish fella’s cabin about 3 months ago, 7am on a Sat morning. Moved it about 60 feet closer to the entrance of the layby onto new hard standing.

Got 2 cups of tea, offer of breakfast (he owns the other cafe on the same side) and a nice crisp 20 for my back pocket! Not often you get either theses days. It’s a 32’ x 10’ loaded with all the furniture, kithen etc… Everything was left in place and only a ketchup bottle went over! An internal door shut perfectly after relocation that had never closed before.
Also moved a 10’ store for him as a favour, He’d not told our office he’d wanted that one moving.
Did it with 08 plate Scania 8 wheeler fitted with a PM 85tonne/metre crane.

This has nothing to do with Shepards pie!! :slight_smile:

how many shepards do you have to peel to make one of these pies :question: