Junction 23 Truckstop

I was at 23 last night. Cant really complain.

Dinner was good. They apparently have their oil disaster under control because Scampi, Chips and Veg were all hot and as healthy as that choice can be. Coffee was filter rather than instant, but they assumed I wanted it white when I don’t pollute good coffee. Cost me £4 with two bottles of water for the kettle.

Breakfast was just as good quality but set me back seven quid. I used the voucher on dinner so had to pay full whack. It was kinda scary that breakfast cost the same as dinner but quantity and quality are currency by themselves and both can be rated high.

Parking was still 14 quid, and they charged it straight to the fuel card.

Plenty of space, though it did fill up rather quickly. I must have been there early.

I also like the “No running reefers after nine” rule. I slept like a baby. (Which does not mean that I woke up covered in urine and screaming for my mother.)

Apparently there is free WiFi in the cafe/bar area, though I had left my laptop at home so cant say for sure. Mobile phone signal was good too, on EE at that.

Arrived by five and didn’t have to pull out till almost eight. I spent more time there than I usually do at home.

Stayed here a couple of times, food was pretty terrible when I was there, but the value for parking makes it worth while

Well i stayed here tonite - and i have to say the showers were super - clean ,hot,plenty of pressure - truck park - tarmac loads of room - clean and tidy - paying for parking £14 friendly - Fuel - keyfuels on site
now the crunch - the food was abismal - i had fish fingers and chips with peas going back to my youth i dreamed about fish finger sandwiches and well - there was plenty of it 5 fish fingers a generous portion of peas and chips but - the chips were so soggy with cooking oil you could squeeze them out and i got a small lake going on - i raised this issue and all i got was blank couldn’t care less looks -
verdict
yes i would stay again - for a shower and parking but i would skip the fried food - maybe next time mashed or boiled lol
cheers
Steve

Not been in there for years, but the food was always good when I used it. There you go things change.

Did the staff speak enough english to take your order■■?

Ben9:

They were all English when I used it, I think it was owned by Fred Sherwood, it was always full of his trucks.

Hi yes the staff were all English - but didn’t seem to care the food wasn’t up to standard - which I suppose is the norm these days -
i have to say when i ran an eating place if i received any genuine complaint it was a refund there and then with appology - and the offer of an alternative meal - customers are choosey these days and you can lose them quicker than gain them through poor customer service
cheers
Steve

PS at Crewe truckstop again tonite

I am surprised too as I often pulled in there for a hot meal if I was running back to the yard late and going home. The breakfasts were all remarkably good too as I hate them swimming in oil or grease.

The only person who I have seen there who could be classed as non English wore a headscarf. but she was born here I believe.

altitude:

Ben9:

They were all English when I used it, I think it was owned by Fred Sherwood, it was always full of his trucks.

it says "part of the Fred Sherwood Group " on their website :wink:

j23truckstop.co.uk/

gm:
Hi yes the staff were all English - but didn’t seem to care the food wasn’t up to standard - which I suppose is the norm these days -
i have to say when i ran an eating place if i received any genuine complaint it was a refund there and then with appology - and the offer of an alternative meal - customers are choosey these days and you can lose them quicker than gain them through poor customer service
cheers
Steve

i was in another cafe/truckstop on weds night and witnessed a guy take his meal back saying it was still frozen in the middle, he got his money back and a replacement meal and a personal apology from the cook who made his order before she was sacked on the spot (wasnt the first customer that had complained apperently)

scotstrucker:

gm:
cheers
Steve

i was in another cafe/truckstop on weds night and witnessed a guy take his meal back saying it was still frozen in the middle, he got his money back and a replacement meal and a personal apology from the cook who made his order before she was sacked on the spot (wasnt the first customer that had complained apperently)

Where was that, so we can all give it a miss. :question: