The Stockyard.

I had not been in there for many years, decided to give a whirl after j29 was full to the rafters.What a great place,all the staff were very friendly and helpful, the showers were big and clean.
The atomosphere in the bar was jovial and laid back, it was good to see the locals using it, and there was a group of young ones enjoying themselves.
The breakfast was top notch, and seeing the truck stop is near to a busy motorway, it is quite quiet at night, and nobody had dropped litter or bottles of Truckers Tizer on the site.
The bar interior is relaxing, and is done just right with all the bits of decorations.And back round music , not too loud.
There is a big pile of old truck mags to peruse over, and the bar lady brought out a huge baking tray of roast pototoes for anyone to eat for free.
Late at night there were a few spaces left, but next time i may not be so lucky.All this for only £10.50 and £2 off your food or any drink.
Good luck to them.
I would rate this stop as the best in the UK and Europe so far.

Completely agree toby

On the odd occasion Ive had to park there, Ive been able to sleep in my own bed, not bad considering I only live 10-15 minutes away :wink:
Its the walk back up the ind est that’s the killer, especially with a few beers inside :laughing:

The locals love the place, Sunday lunch will be packed with people enjoying the carvery, Thursday night as some of you know is “grab a granny” night. There are regular karaoke & old time sing-a-long nights. The bar is among the best in the area, listed in the CAMERA guide & serving real ales. Its also listed in the routier guide. Though (as Ive never used them) Im told the showers are good

If Carlsberg made truckstops …

Mostly agree, didn’t think much of the showers though as the temperature would just keeping going from hot to cold and back.

For those of us that don’t bugger about all over the country :slight_smile: where’s it to?

Just off junction one of the m18, you can see it from the motorway. They’ve surfaced the rough bit in the corner so it’s pretty big now although it does full up at night. Hellaby lane at the back if the ind est.

Thank you

it hold around 250 trucks

Super place. I first went there bout 10-15 years ago when I was a kid with my dad and Ive been in since and its still good. Great food and carvery.

good recommend Toby ,i have seen it plenty of times and often wondered if it was actually part of the truck stop where the truck wash is ,but now i know and will give it try