London 2012

Went into London today first time in a few months so the law of averages says that’s my last one for the foreseeable future…no Olympic holdups for me :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :sunglasses: :smiley:

Who’s looking forward to it? No, not the expensive, overrated sportsday but the fact that the LEZ regs go upto Euro4. I for one (as a driver of a Euro3 engine) can’t wait, but I’ve heard one lady od is going to fit a filter to a K reg Foden 3000 series :open_mouth: . No plans for my employer to do this though :grimacing:

I dont drive into london but some of the other drivers at my yard do, thankfully i have a nice shiney orange sticker in mine and i know they aint going to give me and euro 4 lorry anytime soon :smiley:

On the plus side if you are sent into London you’ll need to be given a newish truck.

baby seal:
On the plus side if you are sent into London you’ll need to be given a newish truck.

This would most likely be a Daf CF auto so no thankyou. I already drive an Alpha so there’d be no benefit to changing, except for air-con.

We are based in London and have renewed some trucks but the bill for exhausts on ones we are keeping is coming to nearly 100k.
Talk about kicking business in bad times especially as this time it will affect so many different business’s as it goes down to 3.5 ton vans

kr79:
We are based in London and have renewed some trucks but the bill for exhausts on ones we are keeping is coming to nearly 100k.
Talk about kicking business in bad times especially as this time it will affect so many different business’s as it goes down to 3.5 ton vans

Will showmens’ wagons, cranes, concrete pumps etc be exempt once again? It’s these that you see putting out the smoke…
Talking of it going to Euro4, do all engines have to meet Euro5 now, going to Euro6? I only ask 'cos I’ve read Hino only offer Euro4 engines…

I guess it’s going to keep going up every couple of years. The dualfuel, (petrol lpg), 3.5t vans that we use to get around the congestion charge will have to go before January and no one’s making any decent newer gas vans so we’ll have to go to diesels and nigh on two grand a year each for the zone. Thanks Boris, kerching.

get my new CF in two weeks time because of the new lez limits looming-brand new motor and no air con.
cant believe how tight my boss is getting

andrew.s:
get my new CF in two weeks time because of the new lez limits looming-brand new motor and no air con.

I thought they came with aircon? Ours come as no cost option…

Muckaway:

Must be a dealer thing, out of the 4 I regularly drive, only one has aircon (and it never ruddy works!) all are 08 plate or newer.

Muckaway:

andrew.s:

i think he got a good deal on some eightwheel chassis cabs-maybe they are poverty spec ones!!
and there was me hoping for a splitter aswell!!
funny thing is,the fmx’s we got a while back were all top spec(420 engine/climate control/I shift),then sent them on self drive hire :open_mouth: i wasnt that keen on it and would much rather have the daf but an equivalent spec would have been nice!!

Although it was nearly 7 years ago, when mine was new I couldn’t believe the reason for it not having aircon-“none of the others have it, and the other drivers would complain…” What a load of bs I’dve preferrred it if he’d been honest and said “we’re too tight despite our company cars and plant all having it. As a driver you’re a lower class of employee so there…” That was the point I gave up polishing lorries and getting scratches painted out although I did put a flag and a sunstrip in last week as a p-take when I washed my lorry several times in a week… :laughing: