LEZ 3/1/12

Hi guys
one of our rigids was loaded today for after christmas. He has a couple of drops in Dagenham. The truck is only Euro3 but the TM says because the new exhaust is on order were allowed to run inside the LEZ for 28 days. I know we shouldnt care because they will be paying the charge (£200/day) not us but all I can find on TFL website say you have to pay if your waiting for fitting. Can anyone point me at where I might find the relevent info.

many thanks guys

Merry christmas :smiley:

commercialmotor.com/latest-n … d-vehicles

Is Dagenham within the LEZ? Personally I’m glad it’s tightening up; I can’t go in there from January and being as I’m off until Jan 4th I need not worry about it. I would guess being on the waiting list for an exhaust would not exempt you as they’d say you’ve had enough time to get one fitted.

Rikki-UK:
http://www.commercialmotor.com/latest-news/london-lez-lifeline-for-retrofitted-vehicles

many thanks for that.

I find it hard to believe that they have been so lenient there has been plenty of notice but now its in writing I stand corrected.

Yep, all covered in this week’s Commercial Motor while the Powers that be have their “Oh My God, what have we done” moment.

There’s a month or so in leeway provided new equipment is on order but my guess is that nobody will ever check this because the Public Sector Parasites who used to be paid to check this sort of thing have all been given the boot, on account of the fact that normal people aren’t paying enough tax to pay their wages and grossly inflated pensions any more.

I’m with Jeremy Clarkson on this one, 80% of public sector workers need to be taken outside and shot.

I have had two letters from Boris and his bum boys, telling me that I can get modifications done to my 1977 Mack F700, that will enable me to enter the area…I might just write back asking how and where :laughing: :laughing:

Yer really couldn`t make this ■■■■■ up…

What about steam lorries? Surely smokeless fuel exempts them? :laughing: I know showmans engines are exempt in some way.

I had the LEC renewed on my 99 Atego in august this year, strange how the new reg starts on the 3 jan and my LEC expires on the 31 jan 12 ■■ will be putting that to the test lol.

Is Dagenham within the LEZ?

Yes,the LEZ is all of the London Boroughs. Roughly speaking that’s everywhere inside the M25. There are also a few bits of LEZ outside and a few bits inside that are not LEZ.

Here’s the LEZ area tfl.gov.uk/roadusers/lez/176 … ab-panel-2

I got a letter years ago when they started this LEZ stuff, I popped it back in the envelope and told them that if I had to go to London for work I would pack in.

fuse:
I got a letter years ago when they started this LEZ stuff, I popped it back in the envelope and told them that if I had to go to London for work I would pack in.

If everybody had done this perhaps it’dve been dropped. Sadly there’s always someone happy to tow the line on all this carbon footprint bollox.

A non complient truck would be on my wish list !

no more going in for me they are not going to upgrade mine, but heard this week i might be getting a 2012 actros in the next couple of months but we will have to wait and see :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: