Load theft

Cambridgeshire Police:
LORRIES have been the target of theives two nights running near Peterborough.

Three pallets of cleaning fluid were stolen from a lorry parked on the A1. The theft took place from a lay by near Stibbington between 1.50am and 2am on Friday (April 25). The haul amounted to £3,000.

Between 9.50pm on Saturday (April 26) and 10.20am the following morning a lorry was broken into at the Hadden Services. The plastic curtain of the Scania lorry was cut open and three bottles of Martini were taken.

Detective Sergeant Matt Swash said: "Both of these thefts have taken place overnight when lorry drivers are sleeping in their cabs.

"In the second theft, it’s possible the offenders were disturbed. I would like to speak to anyone who knows anything about these thefts, or anyone who saw anything suspicious.

“The message to lorry drivers is to take all possible precautions after parking your vehicle for the night.”

Nothing new there then - it happens all the time. It’s the last sentence that caught my attention:

The message to lorry drivers is to take all possible precautions after parking your vehicle for the night.

Without proper parking facilities what “precautions” are you meant to take. When your parked up in the middle of nowhere what are you meant to do?

What do you do (if anything)?

print out the report and then park up outside a police station when 1 of them comes out (which you can guarantee they will) and asks you what the [zb] you think you are doing just show them the report :wink:

and by the seems of it 1 was taking precautions wsnt he parking at a services…wheres the security at the services?

They wearn’t big drinkers then,3 bottles of Martini,was it worth it!!

Who still drinks martini?
thought that it went out of fashion with babycham!

Reef:
print out the report and then park up outside a police station when 1 of them comes out (which you can guarantee they will) and asks you what the [zb] you think you are doing just show them the report :wink:

Whats the point of that? most police stations close at 1700, well they do in this part of the country. In fact, several months ago a skelly complete with container was stolen from outside our police station one weekend. The police said their cctv didnt cover the outside area’s :unamused: The skelly or container was never found

Tiger.

I’m not on tramping but i got a contract from Pollock last week and it states that you don’t parkup in layby’s etc, if loaded, only truckstops. If any theft occurs then the driver’s covered. Ironic since we’ve had a couple of trailers go missing from truckstops in the last year…!

lorries have been targeted by theives for years.
First it was ■■■■ Turpin.
Now it’s the police,vosa, the chancellor, and ■■■■■■.
at least ■■■■ had an easy set of rules. Stand and deliver or i’ll shoot you. ahhhh the good old days just like spain in the 80’s.

Just to highlight my point above, was driving home this afternoon when there was an almighty bang, I was being pelted with stones from a load of ‘orrible little bratts’ from a path that runs alongside the road but 20 foot or so higher. When I got home a few minutes later the roof of my van looks like its been machine gunned, and also down the side. Since the van is only 18 months old (bought it new to convert to camper), I wasn’t best pleased :angry: I phoned the old bill (transfered to the countys HQ 40 miles away) only to be told nobody could attend until Tuesday at the earliest (today is Sunday). The local nick is closed until Tueday because of the bank holiday, so unless I am in a life threatening situation or a ‘serious’ crime is commited, they dont want to know. If I cared to call in on Tuesday I can report the incident but I need to bring all my documents in anyway (what! :angry: ). Our local criminal fraternity only work out of office hours so as not to inconvenience the police, so its fine to commit a crime provided its at weekends or after 1700 Mon - Fri. I’m thinking of taking up crime as a new vocation, the pay is good so I’m told and crime does pay :smiley: .

Tiger.

you should get that shoved in one of the national papers

buffoon:
you should get that shoved in one of the national papers

Office hours nicks are nothing new, only a couple months ago a guy was beat up and died outside a police station, he went there for help and there was no [zb]er there (thanks Mr Brown).

Tiger.

Three pallets of cleaning fluid were stolen from a lorry parked on the A1.

the police were there in a jif but the thieves got clean away!!

Sorry, I’ll get my coat SmileyCentral.com

woody2808:

Three pallets of cleaning fluid were stolen from a lorry parked on the A1.

the police were there in a jif but the thieves got clean away!!

Sorry, I’ll get my coat SmileyCentral.com

Bye Woody, turn the lights off on the way out. :wink:

Tiger.

Cheers tiger
my wife reckons there’s never been any lights on, not in my head anyway, cheeky mare. SmileyCentral.com