Lorry load THEFTS. Dont let the thieves steal your cargo

Hi all,
now we are all fully aware of the amount of cargo theft that occurs on a weekly basis from parked vehicles , particularly curtain siders + tilts.
Containers are a dead giveaway due to the visible bolt seals.
There`s also a thread on Newark too thats a high crime spot for high value loads.

Please be aware of parking around Northampton when loaded anywhere and particularly near the M1 junctions laybyes and Motorway Service areas J15a N + S.
There are No cameras and No site security.

The thieves will ■■■■■ the side curtain to look inside 1st to see if loaded and then go in through rear doors and steal goods if it is, and even cut open U locks.

Latest recent theft :-

Large quantity of chocolates and air fresheners stolen

Published Date: 07 November 2008
Five pallets of chocolate and three cartons of air fresheners were stolen from lorries parked at the Northampton Services on the M1.
The items were taken from the lorry on the northbound side at junction 15A overnight between Wednesday and Thursday.

There was another theft overnight between Thursday and Friday when a box of four hair clippers was stolen from a lorry in a layby off the A45 eastbound near the Hilton Hotel.

If you are loaded and its potential easy theft and/or high value load try to use the Truck-Stops if you can, if you cannot make a safer destination.
DONT MAKE YOUR CARGO A TARGET.

trux:
There was another theft overnight between Thursday and Friday when a box of four hair clippers was stolen from a lorry in a layby off the A45 eastbound near the Hilton Hotel.

i know it might not be but does anybody else think this is a little bit suspect■■?

if you were going to rob from a wagon you would steal more than just a box of four hair clippers? :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

does this driver have short hair by any chance■■? :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

My cargo?? Not mine mate… i just do A to B

C and D has [zb] all to do with me.

Just wonderering, if hijackers / robbers struck would you put up a fight or like me just ask if it was OK to pick up my flask and sandwiches before I left the cab?
Would you have a go when parked up for the night if thieves got in trailer?
I suppose basically I am asking " do you feel responsible for the cargo under these circumstances"

Nope…like i said…it isnt mine!

All i ask is they leave enough derv to get me to a fuel station!

del949:
Just wonderering, if hijackers / robbers struck would you put up a fight or like me just ask if it was OK to pick up my flask and sandwiches before I left the cab?
Would you have a go when parked up for the night if thieves got in trailer?
I suppose basically I am asking " do you feel responsible for the cargo under these circumstances"

Yes i would put up a fight. I would not have a problem with killing one of them.
If one of them has a knife then he will be wearing it in his throat.
He won’t be able to try it again from his coffin.
The truck and it’s cargo is my responsibility.

So why pay 18 to 25 quid for the pleasure of still getting done you might as well save your money and park in the layby.Th services are not secure and never have been and there are very few truck stops that you could call secure.

I had 2 07 plate Fiesta’s stolen off the back of my truck in Liverpool about 4 weeks ago. In a secure locked compound parked behind our branch with a 24hr security guard. They cut through the bolt on the gate, sliced the straps on the cars and drove them off… Kinda left the keys in them due to the locked compound and security guard but company still gave me final written warning. Worked there 5 years and never been in trouble once, gross misconduct. Oh and by the way, next time I want to sleep with the smell of stale urine all around i’ll fall asleep in a public bathroom and not pay £15 for the privilege…

takes the ptss at warwick north bound, they got that truckers beware lorry thefts traile parked in the msa truck park :open_mouth: :open_mouth: . and you pay £20 for the priledge :unamused:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

There is no where safe to park and as for my responsibility the cargo is nothing to do with me they can have it but if they try to get in to the cab then i have a surprise in store for them

[quote="limeyphil
Yes i would put up a fight. I would not have a problem with killing one of them.
The truck and it’s cargo is my responsibility.[/quote]

And if there was several off them you would put them in there coffins too?

I dont think so not when they got knifes and if theres more than one, be brave and let them take the goods, your firms insured, and you look out for number one.

I think alot people would do the same cos i would, :confused:

Your right there killer they dont pay me enough to put my self on the line for the sake of the load as you say it’s insured .They want it that bad they can have it.
There’s a lot of dead heros .

They can have the load if they want it…not partial to hospital food , never have been , never will be :smiley:

And anyway , why should i bother looking after someone elses goods when they can"t be bothered to show me decent curtosy ( :confused: ) i.e use of toilets / canteen etc , when i"m sat in there RDC for God knows how long…

Just put the ball in the companies court if you have a high value load on and ask them where they want you to park.

When companies pay you a paltry £20 to night out and don’t want to pay parking, they get what they rightly deserve.

killer100:
[quote="limeyphil
The truck and it’s cargo is my responsibility.

And if there was several off them you would put them in there coffins too?

I dont think so not when they got knifes and if theres more than one, be brave and let them take the goods, your firms insured, and you look out for number one.

I think alot people would do the same cos i would, :confused:
[/quote]

Ahhhh, But i’m sick in the head.

Koop:
My cargo?? Not mine mate… i just do A to B

C and D has [zb] all to do with me.

thats why the poles get the jobs. look at what you are saying no 1 is asking you to put up a fight if you are loaded you are responsibale for your cargo . koop i follow your posts quite alot when you go one about the poles eddie stobart cutting rates (load of bull) if i was your employer you would be out the door i think your attitude stinks :imp: :imp: :imp:

naughty naughty koop :smiley:

Got email from insurance [saturday ]about parking overnight m.s.a. avoid ferrybridge/ and corley if possable its high risk theft areas cant afford them anyway

My firm will not pay for parking so it is left up to us to find somewhere safe to park. I make sure I am safe in the cab but with regards to my diesel or load, that is a 999 job. If I were to end up seriously hurt and in hospital, maybe not able to work again I don’t believe that my company or the company I was transporting the goods for would pay my mortgage and bills to show their eternal gratitude for me endevouring to protect their load. Think they would have said I shouldn’t have intervened and just called the police.
I was hi-jacked in West Belfast at gunpoint a few years back. The company lost an artic and a full load of Vodka. They couldn’t have cared less as long as no one got hurt. “Its all insured.”