Fuel thefts

Hello TNUK,

I may get shot down for this but hey.

I patrol a little bit of the A47 and the A1 near to Peterborough as it is on my beat area. Now this area is having problems with fuel being stolen and it is on the rise. I have been doing my bit with parking up in my motor and giving words of advice about where to park in this area and also letting drivers know with whats been going on.

Now, all i am asking is, can you have a think before you park as you are a target in this area as the A1 is not lit that well.

Theres a picnic site of the A47 near to Wansford and is a good place to park up for the night. This site is used by the Gay community, but at least you won’t be having your fuel nicked. This site gets busy with trucks from 6pm onwards. In the 3 years that i patrolled this area i have never had a theft reported to me from this lay-by.

The fuel theft is happening mostly on the A1 heading into Lincs near to Stamford, north and south on the A1 so you have been warned.

Patrols are being done but we need your help also because we need you truckers to report things into our control room should you see anything suspicious

The number to call is 0345 456 456 4, that’s if you are in the Cambridgeshire area. Please phone in should you see anything as it does help.

mickyblue:

you will

mickyblue:
I patrol a little bit of the A47 and the A1 near to Peterborough as it is on my beat area.

Are you one of these goody doers that phones the police using the 999 number every time you see a white van parked up in the layby saying its gypsy and pinching diesel and slashing curtains all day long

Are you one of these goody doers that phones the police using the 999 number every time you see a white van parked up in the layby saying its gypsy and pinching diesel and slashing curtains all day long

No, i am the OFFICER that is keeping an eye on the trucks :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

It is common sense really. If you see a crime in progress phone it in! or if you see anyone acting a bit sus then still phone it in.

that’s a WERID first post!!!

Well, here’s an idea, stop wasting money on Angus Nairn, stop spending money on speed cameras and the staff required to process relentless revenue-generating prosecutions based on truck drivers driving at 5 or 6 mph- little more than walking speed- over the speed limit, and start going out and catching some real criminals.

But of course, you would never do that because like all coppers you would crap yourself if you ever encountered a ■■■■■.

mcgregors shafter:

mickyblue:

you will

mickyblue:
I patrol a little bit of the A47 and the A1 near to Peterborough as it is on my beat area.

IIRC mickyblue is a full blown copper not a “goody doer”, or a PCSO, he just trying to give good advice, on where to park, if you don’t like it, park where the hell you like on the a1-a47 stretch, but don’t whinge on here when your fuel/load get’s stolen and or curtians slashed, because this thread will get dragged up to haunt you.

Harry Monk:
Well, here’s an idea, stop wasting money on Angus Nairn, stop spending money on speed cameras and the staff required to process relentless revenue-generating prosecutions based on truck drivers driving at 5 or 6 mph- little more than walking speed- over the speed limit, and start going out and catching some real criminals.

But of course, you would never do that because like all coppers you would crap yourself if you ever encountered a ■■■■■.

Harry, I am on about fuel thefts■■?

I am also a different officer and he is also in a different force!!!

could you post where we can “safely” park then which would be obviously patrolled by you and police :unamused:
We all know derv is being nicked by our traveller friends

NO ONE WANTS US IN TOWNS ETC
WE ARE A THING LESS THAN ■■■■■■
Back in the 60s/70s towns had a lorry park
so if you want us to be safe
GO ****ING ask the towns who want their shops to be full to provide a lorry park thats safe
SIMPLES OR WHAT
How many guys/gals dissagree :unamused: :unamused:

mickyblue:
No, i am the OFFICER that is keeping an eye on the trucks :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

whats your bage number please

philgor:

mcgregors shafter:

mickyblue:

you will

mickyblue:

IIRC mickyblue is a full blown copper not a “goody doer”, or a PCSO, he just trying to give good advice, on where to park, if you don’t like it, park where the hell you like on the a1-a47 stretch, but don’t whinge on here when your fuel/load gets stolen and or curtians slashed, because this thread will get dragged up to haunt you.

I am a PCSO soon to be a copper in March. I patrol that area on a daily basis as it is on my beat area.

Thanks for the post as i noticed two posters were jumping the gun and just wanted to use the topic as a bashing towards the police.

Harry Monk:

They havent got the time . . . too busy policing fudge nudgers picnic areas.
Evening all :wink:

gezt:
could you post where we can “safely” park then which would be obviously patrolled by you and police :unamused:

GO ****ING ask the towns who want their shops to be full to provide a lorry park thats safe
SIMPLES OR WHAT

Sorry mate, I have posted in my post where it is safe to park

Suedehead:

Harry Monk:

They havent got the time . . . too busy policing fudge nudgers picnic areas.
Evening all :wink:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: But not in that way though

I reported a derv theft and 2 hours later was phoned and asked if i needed counseling.
my reply cannot be repeated on here. but police/vosa/hato are a total waste of space
lose them and get back to highway patrol by real cops.

mickyblue:

gezt:

SIMPLES OR WHAT

ok im near oxford ,wheres that safe to park on a34

gezt:
I reported a derv theft and 2 hours later was phoned and asked if i needed counseling.
my reply cannot be repeated on here. but police/vosa/hato are a total waste of space

And where was you when this happened?

mickyblue:

gezt:

tilbury lost 350 ltrs of derv
where were you then and if “not your area” where were the plods whos area it was
sorry mate your a total waste of space
no thump
nor esponsobilities
no problem
just dont get on me when im on hard shoulder, leave me alone :unamused:

gezt:

mickyblue:

gezt:

SIMPLES OR WHAT

ok im near oxford ,wheres that safe to park on a34

If you re-read my post again! i have stated where i knock about. So if you are in Oxford it is down to you where you park and where you feel it is safe, or better get in touch with the local officer. As i tell the drivers when i speak to them, which is at the time there hours are coming up, i warn them about whats been going on and also give them my details. some of them move on to another parking area but on the A1 it is very limited.

It is down to the driver to plan ahead really

mickyblue:
This site is used by the Gay community,

do you mean a layby where all the perverts go and loiter around your lorry coz you have the interior light on and that pull up right behind you flashing there light then pull up along side you weighting then decide to pull up right in front of you honking there horn
There are plenty of Gay laybuys like this in Northamptonshire

gezt:

mickyblue:

gezt:

tilbury lost 350 ltrs of derv
where were you then and if “not your area” where were the plods whos area it was
sorry mate your a total waste of space
no thump
nor esponsobilities
no problem
just dont get on me when im on hard shoulder, leave me alone :unamused:

I am like you, i am just a number. My post is just advice to you truck drivers, but hey ho. Also have a think… I am North of that area, in a different area!!!

mcgregors shafter:

mickyblue:
This site is used by the Gay community,

do you mean a layby where all the perverts go and loiter around your lorry coz you have the interior light on and that pull up right behind you flashing there light then pull up along side you weighting then decide to pull up right in front of you honking there horn
There are plenty of Gay laybuys like this in Northamptonshire

Man i give up