Another lorry theft

Pulled into layby just before Cambridge services this morning about 0540 and the lorry already parked up had his curtain on near side sliced open and 12 pallets of Bosch drills had been stolen. poor guy was asleep and never heard a thing.

12 pallets of drills from a layby and nobody saw anything and the driver didnt hear anything,must be very fast handballers,are you sure you havent stuck 11 pallets on to that story,seems alot :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

It may just be me, but parking in a lay by with that sort of load on a curtain sider is asking for trouble.

Hiya better staying asleep anyway. these gangs may have a 1000 offence to answer to. one driver gets
in their way its a smack with a baseball bat. i think if its a incoming trailer there,s someone in the docks
tipping the gangs off, if it did’nt say Bosch on the curtain how would the gang know which lorry to target.
its the same on the motorways when they pull a load of tele,s or computers the gang always hit the right lorry.
Inside jobs i think.
what the gang was useing a link liner they’ed pull along side very close, open the sliding door and handball
the load straight across not even standing in the trailer. if anyone come along they could just slide the door closed,
that,s what the Liverpool gang was doing untill the did get nicked, they was working on the A14 a few years ago.

rgt1973:
It may just be me, but parking in a lay by with that sort of load on a curtain sider is asking for trouble.

Quote of the day…

any one want to buy a bosch drill :slight_smile:

zonemagik:
Pulled into layby just before Cambridge services this morning about 0540 and the lorry already parked up had his curtain on near side sliced open and 12 pallets of Bosch drills had been stolen. poor guy was asleep and never heard a thing.

Is that Horvath Rudolf Hungarian truck or Mayling Transport - Green / red livery?

rgt1973:

Unless that was the driver and thieves pre-arranged meeting location :bulb:

I doubt they get 12 pallets into anything less than an 18 tonner or a big 7.5/12 if the pallets were broken down and loaded to the roof with great precision and speed.
You don’t see many thieves cruising around on the rob in a lorry, they knew it was there, so either it was good observation with a little inside knowledge and the driver being in a routine (bad practise) and luck.
But i reckon it was an inside job and they were told what was on the lorry and where it would be, whither the driver was in on it or not.

jobseeker:
I doubt they get 12 pallets into anything less than an 18 tonner or a big 7.5/12 if the pallets were broken down and loaded to the roof with great precision and speed.
Hiya …when the gang was using the link liner they could get really close to the doner lorry. if anyone appeared in the layby
they would just slide the door closed. weight wise i bet the gang don’t bother about overloading a 7.5 tonner, it would be the least of their problem.

seth 70:
12 pallets of drills from a layby and nobody saw anything and the driver didnt hear anything,must be very fast handballers,are you sure you havent stuck 11 pallets on to that story,seems alot :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

not alot of drills on 12 pallets out of bosh so it wouldnt take long too handball over

3300John:

jobseeker:
Hiya …when the gang was using the link liner they could get really close to the doner lorry. if anyone appeared in the layby
they would just slide the door closed. weight wise i bet the gang don’t bother about overloading a 7.5 tonner, it would be the least of their problem.

i’m not talking about weight as there’s a lot of volume in 12 pallets, unless of course they they aren’t ‘full’ pallets.

rgt1973:

Sadly some drivers don’t have the option. Not every haulier will pay for secure overnight parking (not that anywhere is ever truly secure). Many drivers end up in an area without truck stops, or where the truck stops are full up anyway.

I won’t do nights away, as I truly detest truck stops. Fridge motors running 7 feet from my head, people shouting, morons revving their engines at 3.30am.

Thought a lorry had been nicked by the title :open_mouth:

Coming to ebay anytime now!

Surely if someone is in the act if nicking, just start her up and drive off rather than opening the door.

■■■■ em :laughing:

Not all inside jobs, what they do is send there trucks out to a central area say northampton ways, and have 2 cars working there way around differant road networks, it takes them minutes to ■■■■■ 2-3 lorries in a lay by and 10-20 mins in a lorry park, then if one car finds something the wagons are told to move to that location, costs them thousands some nights in fuel but the rewards are greater than the out lay, the goods are then sold in bulk for 1/3 to 1/2 the price retail and then sold again sometimes threw legitimate shops at full price unbeknown to the customer(still happens now)
one time 330k worth of laptops was stolen from lymm services in 22 mins according to my bro in law
20 yards from the old security hut, and some gangs only target the high security truckstops as they carry the best loads and the guard get complacent behind there barbed wire fences and security cameras, his advice was if there on the back let them have it as they wont think twice about slashing for especially if your pulling high value, and they would not think twice about pulling you out if the load was right

my Brother in law was in the national crime squad and took down a liverpool gang 8 years ago
:slight_smile:

hanson:
any one want to buy a bosch drill :slight_smile:

No thanks mate, I’ve got another 11 pallets of them to shift lol :stuck_out_tongue: