Llantrisant test centre

does anyone know what sort of test route they use at llantrisant?
i am thinkinf of using that centre for me next test as pontypool seemed
a hard route, i maybe making excuses i dont know.

Can’t answer your question but what exactly caused the problems? I seem to recall you couldn’t drive the test route before the test which can’t have helped.

vigfanbke:
does anyone know what sort of test route they use at llantrisant?
i am thinkinf of using that centre for me next test as pontypool seemed
a hard route, i maybe making excuses i dont know.

y go some where you don’t know,you already know the other test route’s.it won’t get you through the test any easier mate,that’s down to you. :wink:

hi vig dont really know much bout llantrisant test centre except that the instructors over at crosshands avoid it like the plague,they never really explained why but if as you say your not allowed to practise on the test route then thats probably the reason as for both the class 2 and 1 in neath we spent every day on some part of the route and covered just about all of it by the end of the week,we also had problems with our truck during training (trailer brakes were binding)but all time lost was payed back with extended training for the rest of the week (10 hours a day instead of :sunglasses:sounds to me as if the instructor that you had just wanted the money and didnt care if you passed or not so maybe you should find someone else.whatever you do good luck with the retest mate and keep us posted

crmelwales:
hi vig dont really know much bout llantrisant test centre except that the instructors over at crosshands avoid it like the plague,they never really explained why but if as you say your not allowed to practise on the test route then thats probably the reason as for both the class 2 and 1 in neath we spent every day on some part of the route and covered just about all of it by the end of the week,we also had problems with our truck during training (trailer brakes were binding)but all time lost was payed back with extended training for the rest of the week (10 hours a day instead of :sunglasses:sounds to me as if the instructor that you had just wanted the money and didnt care if you passed or not so maybe you should find someone else.whatever you do good luck with the retest mate and keep us posted

AFAIK the DSA don’t like instructors using the test routes as it clogs them up for the tests. But I don’t think they can actually stop them. Crosshands certainly use as many of the test routes as they can cover in a week.

The trailer brakes were binding when I did mine there - it’s a naff trailer :laughing: The examiners are used to it :open_mouth: :open_mouth: