Some training advice

starting training in the next few weeks and been told test is now in llantrisant not neath,apparently there is some resurfacing work going on.also been told that was training with another but the other guy aint done his theory test so now its one on one,weds,thurs,test at 1pm on the fri is this possible.i have drove 7.5 ton for years but now its a different ball game also not familiar with roads in llantrisant any advice appreciated.

Perhaps not the easiest scenario but if you - and the trainer - work hard it’s perfectly possible with a good vehicle.

Not knowing the roads should make no difference. Many of our trainees come from all over the UK and don’t know the roads and it doesn’t matter.

Must admit to being curious. You say the guy you were meant to be training with in a few weeks has failed his theory test. Surely he’s got time to pass it in the next few weeks. In any case, surely the trainer has got someone else in the system who would jump at the chance of a cancellation. Just seems odd.

All the best, Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Who you driving with?

That’s where I took my test when I went to Wales, I live in Essex and still do! :laughing:

Great varied driving conditions and types of roads, found not being in the area made it a hell of a lot more interesting and things did seem to sink in more as you was having to concentrate properly on what you was doing and where you was going.

As Pete said above it won’t matter and also when you go professional you’ll have to do routes you’ve never done before :sunglasses:

I’ll say this the local who trained with me, who was supposedly better than me throughout training and was a “professional” driver in his full time work, went first on the test and royally zbed it! Couple of serious and majors! I just got minors :stuck_out_tongue:

C

Just done my cat c its perfectly possible to get a pass first time round with 12 hrs training. I would say its better driving unfamilar roads as you tend to pay more attention. best of luck with your test!