LKW Walter subbies?

Anyone still subbing for LKW Walter? I used to drive for a guy doing Italiian round-trips, just wondered what the rates are like now for anyone on their books.

Regards,

Mark.

total pants so i hear from a member on here says it is a BIG JOKE so i dont know :wink:

Well considering the fact that LKW Walther are offering certain clients of ours to do Barcelona to north Holland for less than a 1000 euros I doubt very much if a subby is going to make much out of them

It is a long time ago now, but Walters had a lot of work and they would get me to were I wanted to be, but to work full time or do round trips, you will never get rich or even survive.

Hi,

At present they are offering uk subbies german, belelux, france, etc at £0.95 pm round trip, spain and italy at a premium rate of £1.00pm

Uk only traction on Ferry trl work from any port at £1.15ppm.

Our payment terms were 35 days from date of invoice or you can choose the option of immediate payment upon receipt of clear pods
for a deduction of 3%

we were promised the earth (as always) and when it didnt transpire we pulled out, now we seem to be encountering all sorts of administrative errors with regards to insurance and payment, in hindsight perhaps the 3% option may have been bettter, at least we would have our money, not bitter (yet), just dissapointed…

Lrm
Lrm

Alright mate done some work for them at the begining of the year,will not pay empty miles if collection load is over 100ks away,rates are crap,got loads of work just doesn’t pay,ive gone back on uk till it hopefully picks up

Hi,

Richy, i have sent you an email with what you asked for, if you need more info pm me with your number and i will give you a call…

Kind regards

LRM

I worked as a subbie for them a few years ago and have given this advice before to hauliers working for them.

If you want to work to Spain & back (as I did) get to know the operators in other destination departments like France & Benelux and just before tipping your load in the UK phone and ask the Spanish export operator “what you got going out?” but DON’T take it right away & tell them your going to ring around!!

Phone the French desk & ask “what’s going”? because they might have a ‘special’ loading in your area that’s urgent & paying a bit more than usual, if they havn’t call the Benelux desk and see if they’ve got a ‘quickie’ round trip to Belgium & tell the Spanish export operator what your doing!! This is very important so they know that your not in their trap!!

So, if they know you’re always looking for the most profitable work they won’t constantly ‘mug you off’ with the ‘run of the mill’ rates, I’ve turned down a job saying it’s not enough £’s and said “I won’t do it for that”, sometimes they’ll offer you another job or call you back and offer you more for the job you turned down.

Don’t get me wrong, it doesn’t always work but once you get to know the operators well, you can build up a decent relationship with them, remember they are human and so long as you don’t abuse them constantly with threats & verbal abuse you can actually make money with LKW Walter. It really helps if you have some work of your own and only use them when you need them rather than simply working full time for one department, just use your loaf. I know they get a lot of flack from within the industry for poor rates etc but I can only speak as I find and I enjoyed working with them and to this day have mostly good memories of the guys from Kufstein.

Good luck, with the costs these days making money out of international road haulage is harder than ever.

Ross.

PS, I had them on the phone a couple of weeks ago asking me if I weas looking for any loads & I havn’t worked for them in nearly three years!!

LRM:
Hi,

At present they are offering uk subbies german, belelux, france, etc at £0.95 pm round trip, spain and italy at a premium rate of £1.00pm

Uk only traction on Ferry trl work from any port at £1.15ppm.

Our payment terms were 35 days from date of invoice or you can choose the option of immediate payment upon receipt of clear pods
for a deduction of 3%

we were promised the earth (as always) and when it didnt transpire we pulled out, now we seem to be encountering all sorts of administrative errors with regards to insurance and payment, in hindsight perhaps the 3% option may have been bettter, at least we would have our money, not bitter (yet), just dissapointed…

Lrm
Lrm

Not the best of rates , ye 3% cut wud have been ye best option but that makes the rate even less I know

your payment terms mean nowt , its the client who decides when and if they are goin to pay you.

Hope ye get it sorted, it murder getting ye dosh when ye leave. When I stopped, I never said I was leaving, just said problems with the truck and wont be back for a few weeks…always got the money on time.