lkw- walter

HI does anybody have any info on lkw .eg rates etc, etc And do they pay on time. MANY THANKS DAZ

Their rates can vary. Log onto their website, find a load, phone up and ask what they are paying and work it out. They reckon to pay better for round trips, but it’s not brilliant. However they do pay on time - 45 days from receipt of CMR.

haven’t had anything to do with walters for a while now, they weren’t the best payers but always paid quickly.
you could always draw running money from their agent in dover if needed

sat many an hour or 24 in Novara waiting for a reload…that was a long time ago though…

Terrible rates but they pay…Absolute crap

I did a bit for them a few years ago, if your looking to work for them long term my advice is, once registered with them get to know the operators for various destinations.

For instance, do a job to Spain, (round trip) then contact the French ‘desc’ and do a job for them then the Belgian, each will offer you an immediate follow up job but turn it down and do a job for one of the others. Then (for example) call the Spanish ‘desc’ and ask what they’ve got and what it’s paying, they might offer you a Valencia for £X, say “no thanks it’s not enough”, the French desc offered me a Boudeaux for £Y “and that’s a better job for me”.

So in essence, play one department off against the other to get a bit more cash, it won’t work every time but you can get a bit more if they need a job done soon, they’ll never tell you if a job’s urgent but if they know you work for other departments they will offer you extra (when they can) if they know your reliable. (which I always was)

Ross.

kindle530 was working for them round tripping holland, but from what he was saying the rates are terrible, they use a heck of a lot of eastern europeans for work which will keep the rates down

We occasionally backload for them. As said, the rates are low, but in fairness probably no worse than any of the other loathsome money-grabbing snotgobblers in the World of European Backloads.

Rates go up and down daily according to Supply and Demand. I’ve never heard my boss moaning about them paying late.

We only ever take on a job from the likes of Walters because we have got a good rate for the outbound load. We certainly wouldn’t put trucks on for them.

If you think backload rates are low, outbound rates are even worse.

Sittingbourne- Stuttgart £270

Telford- Milan £520

Or how about Canterbury-Calais… “You give us £30, and we’ll pay the ferry” was the offer we got once (not from Walters)

Needless to say we didn’t cover any of these loads.

Harry Monk:

Telford- Milan £520

Or how about Canterbury-Calais… “You give us £30, and we’ll pay the ferry” was the offer we got once (not from Walters)

The sad thing is I bet they did not struggle to get these loads covered and probably got them done for less :confused: :confused: :confused:

Harry Monk:
We occasionally backload for them. As said, the rates are low, but in fairness probably no worse than any of the other loathsome money-grabbing snotgobblers in the World of European Backloads.

Rates go up and down daily according to Supply and Demand. I’ve never heard my boss moaning about them paying late.

We only ever take on a job from the likes of Walters because we have got a good rate for the outbound load. We certainly wouldn’t put trucks on for them.

Telford- Milan £520

All of a sudden, the £120 PTM once got from Thurock to Crepy looks quite attractive!!

I remember OhTerry telling me his boss was looking for a load to Munich so as to save him running down empty (he had delivered a load to Munich and then bring it back a week later). He was offered a 24 ton load to Munich by Nobby Dressinggown for £200. Needless to say he found it cheaper to run down empty.

we do the odd back load for them, when nothing else is coming back from spain or portugal.
i know the rates are low, but the gaffer says its better than nothing at all.
trip i just did, backload was for them, seville too wrexham.

dont mention bloody walters to me. i try to offer fair rates to all my subbies. the telford-milan is about right for them. i pay £800.00 plus the ferry. big difference.

last week i was struggling for a roadtrain from alessandria to reading. we pay £1800.00 walters wanted £3000.00 to cover it and when i asked how much they would pay the subbie they declined to answer :unamused: :unamused:

i found out from someone who does the ocasional load for them that they offered him my load for £1600.00 as reconised the load and called me.

The rates are absolutley abismal, i really wouldnt bother unless you want a load to save dead mileage, saying that they do pay on time no problem, and most of their work (the work i was on anyway) was 1 hit load/1 hit reload, they got plenty of work but you will NOT make money!

kindle530:
The rates are absolutley abismal,
you will NOT make money!

But there is one thing that is an absolute, and that is that the Kufstein haulier who gives you the load WILL MAKE PLENTY.

Ross.

although i think they are a bunch of shysters - if people didn’t stoop low enough to work for them they wouldn’t be around long would they

jj72:
although i think they are a bunch of shysters - if people didn’t stoop low enough to work for them they wouldn’t be around long would they

IVE JUST GOT BACK . i GOT AN E-MAIL BACK SAYING THAT LKW CAN OFFER 1.05 GBP FOR NORTH EAST GERMANY .

dholmes05:

jj72:

IVE JUST GOT BACK . i GOT AN E-MAIL BACK SAYING THAT LKW CAN OFFER 1.05 GBP FOR NORTH EAST GERMANY .

Whats that? a mile, a tonne or a full trailer load :slight_smile: