SDM european

Hi does anybody know much about SDM european where they go what work they do etc? tried looking on there website but doesnt seem to be working right as its coming up in French!?

A bloke I work with used to be an o/d for them. Whether this says anything about the rates I dont honestly know but he did say towards the end due to cash problems, tacho laws went out of the window in order to make ends meet. His choice though I might add, he didnt say he was pushed to.

He said most of the work was from Benelux cold stores to UK RDC’s.

He did say he spoke to a company called TFE (french firm) who offered a really good deal running UK - Spain/Spain - France/France - UK with initial 30 day terms then weekly, cheap fuel etc but he said he was too far gone to take it but it would have sorted him out as he said the rates were really good.

I believed this bloke as he wasnt a bragger but it was just how the conversation went.

the gaffer has started on for sealane doing germany and france.

what does everybody know about them please :question:

ive seen them quite a bit in the UK but not seen them on my travels across the water yet. Nice kit though.

SDM are basically Ex Rokold employees who run an amount of their own trucks and trailers and indeed an amount of owner drivers.
They also sub-contract work to other companies… including our company.
They are decent pepole to work for who I speak to on a daily basis. They pay their bills and their payments are always on time… and no I am not connected to the company. Regards, Neville.

Lord Dover rates them, this subject comes up in another thread somewhere on here :sunglasses: :smiley: :slight_smile:

No titles in Dover Stanley. My drivers and subbies call me many things but Lord is most certainly not one them !
Have a good week-end. Regards. Neville.

Neville:
No titles in Dover Stanley. My drivers and subbies call me many things but Lord is most certainly not one them !
Have a good week-end. Regards. Neville.

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

thanks for the info neville or should i call you lord dover! Im working on benelux work mainly holland at the moment and just looking for a bit more variety but still in the benelux area so was just wondering what sdm were like and if they have any openings come up or whether its a dead mans shoes job

The company i work for,we load for SDM out of Valet in France back to Gloucester and our guy wouldnt touch em if they didnt pay or owt :smiley:

sound like a decent outfit then from what people are saying might be worth a phone call

TFE are a good firm ,with depots allover France ,mainly Northen France in Vire and Vannes but have a depot in Bordeaux also. A colleage I used to work with works ( Tommy Jordan ) has been working for a subbie for several years and they used to have a driver called Nigel somthing who lived near Exeter who worked for TFE Vannes direct.

Thay are an up straight company working in a tough market… as we are. We both pay our bills… we both run subbies… with or without trailers… I work for them… they work for me… I speak to them every day… several times a day… top guys… understand the business. No bull… We both can offer loads from Belgium, Holland , France and Germany… We… like them do not suffer fools. !
If you want to go to work call us… If you want to talk about it… and work for a French company (God help you)… Call TFE Etc… Regards. Neville.

Neville:
If you want to talk about it… and work for a French company (God help you)… Neville.

I’ve got no axe to grind here and know nothing about TFE (other than driving past their Bordeaux depot) but I was a subbie for some time for Gondrand working out of the Colmar depot. They set the terms at 60 days month end but once I left them I had no end of trouble getting paid, if I ever phoned asking about the delay in payment they came over all French and while I can order dinner & understand directions, conversation about facture etc was beyond my schoolboy French efforts.

Fortunately for me my sister worked in the European Courts of Justice in Luxemboug and is fluent in French so a couple of letters from her got it sorted, without her help it would almost cetainly would have taken months longer.

Don’t forget that getting paid in Euro’s isn’t all joy despite the pound being in the bin at the moment.

Good luck, Ross.

Neville:
Thay are an up straight company working in a tough market… as we are. We both pay our bills… we both run subbies… with or without trailers… I work for them… they work for me… I speak to them every day… several times a day… top guys… understand the business. No bull… We both can offer loads from Belgium, Holland , France and Germany… We… like them do not suffer fools. !
If you want to go to work call us… If you want to talk about it… and work for a French company (God help you)… Call TFE Etc… Regards. Neville.

just to say im not actually an o/d

Oh ok sorry… wrong end of the stick.
I am sure like all sound jobs its not easy to get on… speak to them… They know what they are looking for… and better to on the waiting list than not.
You never really know the job until you get a start… also… We as employers never know the driver until he starts… Some of my best drivers have been (Older generation men)… or young keen blokes who are honest and hard working… Loyal workers are worth their weight … you never know until they start.
I usually make up my mind in the first five minutes … but boy have I got it wrong in the past !! …(Good evening Mr “Attitude”) … you know who you are.
Good week-end fellas.

scaniav8power:
Hi does anybody know much about SDM european where they go what work they do etc? tried looking on there website but doesnt seem to be working right as its coming up in French!?

this looks as if its in Latin, its not French!
http://sdmeuropean.com/SDM-Info-page-web.html

Im pretty certain they post work on Coolload, name of Dave Cranny ring a bell with anyone ? I used to see the loads advertised when I ws running them a few yrs back.

http://66.102.9.104/search?q=cache:lMUqSnBmWhoJ:www.coolload.com/index.cfm%3Fpagename%3Dnews.cfm%26newsID%3D98EF90EE-65BF-7E43-3C9549E7C715A351+sdm+european&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=3&gl=uk

Ive seen a few of their motors, some FHs in white with the stripes in Blue an Red.

Neville:
They are decent pepole to work for who I speak to on a daily basis. They pay their bills and their payments are always on time… and no I am not connected to the company. Regards, Neville.

Correct me if I am wrong but dont you then sub that work out to an OD who is subbying for you who is then getting a lesser rate ?

routier:

Neville:

Correct me if I am wrong but dont you then sub that work out to an OD who is subbying for you who is then getting a lesser rate ?

there’s a job begging for you at the Bank of England mate - chief financial analyst :open_mouth:

jj72:

routier:

Neville:

there’s a job begging for you at the Bank of England mate - chief financial analyst :open_mouth:

Now Im puzzled how ye know me job ? unbelieveable, what a gud guess there and ye were correct!!! But wouldnt work for no English bank…