SDM european

routier, how about typing in english, like any actual irish member would? instead of that daft annoying pseudo irish diddly-dee nonsense mate? ■■■! :unamused:

Heritage … like SDM… like Solstor… like Armoric Freight… like Ocean trailers all run an amount of their own tractors and trailers.
We all use owner drivers and small to medium sized copmanies to pull our trailers to supplement or operations.
An owner operator or a small fleet could not expect to obtain the sort of work that well all do directly from the blue chip imorters or Exporters … so… they tap into a company such as ours.
Then… through our buying power on the ferries, trailer hire copmanies, diesel cards we offer these companies full time work… of course the intention is to make a profit… but again due to our buying power it is not a a cost to the subbie and indeed he ends up with a commercial rate.
By the way SDM run Scania and DAF these days… usually in silver.!!

jj72:
routier, how about typing in english, like any actual irish member would? instead of that daft annoying pseudo irish diddly-dee nonsense mate? ■■■! :unamused:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

PMSL!!! :laughing: :laughing:

routier:

Neville:
They also sub-contract work to other companies… including our company.
They are decent pepole to work for who I speak to on a daily basis. They pay their bills and their payments are always on time… and no I am not connected to the company. Regards, Neville.

Correct me if I am wrong but dont you then sub that work out to an OD who is subbying for you who is then getting a lesser rate ?

Your point is ■■? :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

jj72:

Eh?

First Im not ye mate.

Second whats the pseudo Irish diddly dee nonsense ■■

wasnt your slogan everywhere and nowhere baby ? why dont ye get back to bein nowhere, you’re the ■■■.Stick to what ye know best…nowt.

routier:

jj72:

Eh?

First Im not ye mate.

wasnt your slogan everywhere and nowhere baby ? why dont ye get back to bein nowhere, you’re the ■■■.Stick to what ye know best…nowt.

wayheyyyy - i know how to run a haulage firm, and that cos i was born in England i’m English - two things which appear to have eluded you :stuck_out_tongue:

jj72:

routier:

jj72:

Eh?

First Im not ye mate.

wayheyyyy - i know how to run a haulage firm, and that cos i was born in England i’m English - two things which appear to have eluded you :stuck_out_tongue:

whats eluded me ? The fact that theres no money in haulage ? The fact thats its a constant headache ? the fact that yer hand is never out of ye back pocket ?
or is it simply the fact that you have a problem with Irish people ?

which is it ?

Oh, whats your company and ye been goin how long?

fine, you couldn’t make it work - don’t constantly put a damper on it for everyone else :bulb: i have no problem with the irish whatsoever - real ones that is, not plastic eejits

oh, and since 1997 and posting year-on-year increases in turnover of 20-25% for the last 3 years, and more importantly even bigger increases in profits :smiley:

I’ve been an o/d on sdm for about two and half years now
and the work,money and payment’s have always been
spot on.

jessicas dad:
the gaffer has started on for sealane doing germany and france.

what does everybody know about them please :question:

I think Johnny is on for them now with John English. keep the subject on Sealane JD, it will keep them from bickering :smiley:

WOAH… back off fella’s lets stop with the personal attacks eh? :unamused:

For what it is worth i have known JJ for many years, and a few of things that I know are

1. he doesnt lie
  2. he has a sound business head
    3.He has actually been there and done it, (he no longer has the t shirt cos I keep nicking them… BTW the last ones getting a bit raggerdy :wink: )
  3. If I was to ever go back driving - JJ would be the first person I would call to see if he had anything going, one of the rare breed of bosses who actually do give a stuff about the drivers working for them.
  4. Does he have a problem with the Irish? I doubt it seeing as a certain Irish heavy haulage company used to get an awful lot of his decent work.
    6 JJ has a reputation for plain talking, always has had. some folks find that a bit overpowering/threatening, I doubt sincerely if JJ even knows he is doing it, its just his way. If you met the guy it would take a few seconds to realise that its just his way, straight as a die and expects others to be so

Not saying he is perfect, cos I am sure he would be the first to admit he isnt. But he does know the job and does the sort of work that 99% of haulage companies would even attempt.

Just my view on someone who has known him for a while

Good Advice… Lets just keep a little bit real.

be jaysus,just lucked at dis,wud ye tell jj sum oirish can spell and spake beano just grand. :sunglasses: :slight_smile: ok now back to original topic…