O/d work uk-spain-uk

Hi have you tried solstar the fridge people out of dartford they also have aoffice in gandia the man in the office there told a mate of mine if he gets a truck he can give him work

Any one out there know of any half decent paying uk-spain or visa versa work for an o/d ? Ive got the rates from lkw walter and rosewoods and cant quite see how anyone could make it pay on those rates.
I,m after regular work either way round as i,m looking into buying a bit of land out there to eventually move there, any info or advise would be helpful
many thanks :confused:

Montie:
Ive got the rates from lkw walter and rosewoods and cant quite see how anyone could make it pay on those rates.

Changing the subject slightly, we were looking for an export load to Italy this week, and LKW Walter offered us Cardiff to Milan, and the rate was…

Two ferries and £420 :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

We’d sooner go empty!

Vince

That’s a bloody dreadful rate!!! An insult!!

You will never make it pay working solely for LKW Walter, they are very good for an occassional backload but as Vince said, its probably better going empty.

When I have pulled for them, I have never tipped and loaded in the same country, never mind the same area

:open_mouth: Have you tried here ■■ cargotrans.net/ Might be of some use. :wink: :slight_smile:

Vince ,that is the norm for that firm, what about your firm asking one of the
large transport companys if they had any thing to go in that direction
as you could get some good rates or not for a load droping off on the way to spain, One company here in germany takes containers down in
a trailer with side boards no roof-canopy, and fittrd out to carry containers
with twistlocks, and comes back with a palletted load mostly Tiles they
seem to do all right.

We have a fair bit of our own work, which pays well. We can get a good rate for import loads, but not for export loads.

As far as Spain is concerned, we would charge about £1600 to Barcelona, and would get about the same from a forwarder for a job doing say 5 or 6 collections around Castellion and the same number of drops in southern England.

So £3200 for a job which would take one full week, plus monday and tuesday of the next week.

Rosewood would pay about £2200 for that, but would probably have you tipping in the north of England.

But I’m not singling out Rosewood or LKW Walter. All forwarders follow each other, and pay similar amounts. The only way you can make money at it is to have your own work.

Vince

and rosewood lord it in the adverts in truck&driver how great their rates are.

Try Nidd Transport at Ripon they do loads or Spanish work