LKW Walter

Does anyone have any info / feedback on lkw walter ive spoke to them regarding rates for doing holland and germany sub contract work. ive been told they pay milage its not the best but my work is a bit quiet up to april so im looking for somthing to keep me busy

trickey herbert:
Does anyone have any info / feedback on lkw walter ive spoke to them regarding rates for doing holland and germany sub contract work. ive been told they pay milage its not the best but my work is a bit quiet up to april so im looking for somthing to keep me busy

Are you any good with music quiz questions?
this was Elvis Presley.

----- ---- --, where angels fear to tread
And so I come to you my love
My heart above my head
Though I see the danger there
If there’s a chance for me
Then I don’t care, oh-oh-oh-oh

Least you know you’ll get paid, might be a squirt of ■■■■ but at least it’ll be in the bank. (i’m assuming as it’s a pretty large firm about the getting paid bit that is).

Did three months with them last year.You’ll get paid alright but what’s left after all your costs is just a waste of time,I was on 82 cent per km, and I think it was 79 euro per week for the use of their trailers,not the best or the worst in the world until you enter Germany and pay (at the time euro 3) 19 cent per km and if they send you into Austria like they did me you pay 36 cent per km,take this from your 82 cent and see what you’re left with!!!
Plenty of work and a lot of it is nice and light so good mpg,If the money was better or if they would have covererd the toll I would have stuck at it,the work was varied and interesting and straight people to deal with,have a chat with them and see what they’re paying and if they’ll cover the toll,if you think it’s ok then give it a go,you’re guaranteed to get paid.

trickey herbert:

Mileage rate very poor, may get upto 85c per mile, which is terrible!!! You’ll just end up covering your costs only without a wage if you’re lucky. In order to make money you have to drive bent, over the limiter, over hours, no vignette etc…

Freebooter:
Mileage rate very poor, may get upto 85c per mile, which is terrible!!! You’ll just end up covering your costs only without a wage if you’re lucky. In order to make money you have to drive bent, over the limiter, over hours, no vignette etc…

Freebooter, I don’t know where you get that from because here is a few lines from an email I got from Emme Kane who is on LKW Walter’s Western France ‘desk’ ;

I am responsible along with my colleague Julia for loads form the UK to western France (yellow and green zones on this map).

We mainly work with customers who require 13.60m tautliners. We load full loads with weights up to 25 TO.

Our current rate to the green and yellow zones s 1,40GBP/ mile for roundtrips.

If you need her contact details, pm me.

Ross.

How are you supposed to survive off that??

I know before I get slated :unamused: but FFS its bobbins…

fly sheet:
How are you supposed to survive off that??

I know before I get slated :unamused: but FFS its bobbins…

£’s per mile only works when you can ‘run your time out’ each day so not really suited to UK work, especially container work given the ammount of time the truck spends sitting waiting for; loading, tipping, waiting for a loaded lift, waiting for an empty lift etc etc. We work our bulk tippers on about a 90 mile radius from Liverpool (generally) and look for them to have earned over £2.20 a mile over the week, anything less than £2 & we know we need to work harder or keep empty running down.

Ross.

My ex-boss used to use them for the occasional backload or outbound load when he had his own well-paying work for the opposite leg but he used to say you couldn’t earn a living subbing to them.

Harry Monk:
My ex-boss used to use them for the occasional backload or outbound load when he had his own well-paying work for the opposite leg but he used to say you couldn’t earn a living subbing to them.

If you just take what they give you, you’ll run yourself ragged for little or no profit, but they can be worked!! :unamused:

Ross.

PS, but you WILL get paid!!!

My company do a bit for them both in and outbound, mainly backloads though, we don’t usually have to travel far empty. I have no idea about rates but can’t see my boss running for pennies, dont know if they pay the tolls but they always provide the channel crossing,He has put 2 mega tractors and four mega trailers on the road and another 2 tractors arrive in march as they find it easier to find loads for the mega’s.

thanks for your replys
i dont think they are any worse than the next man from what i can gather
i have spoke to a few of the ferry trailer companys pulling out of the dock and all seem to
want to pay around 1.30 ppm the problem lies with getting your milage in on uk work
and like a few of you have sed Getting paid is what counts

bigr250:

Freebooter:

Freebooter, I don’t know where you get that from because here is a few lines from an email I got from Emme Kane who is on LKW Walter’s Western France ‘desk’ ;

I am responsible along with my colleague Julia for loads form the UK to western France (yellow and green zones on this map).

We mainly work with customers who require 13.60m tautliners. We load full loads with weights up to 25 TO.

Our current rate to the green and yellow zones s 1,40GBP/ mile for roundtrips.

If you need her contact details, pm me.

Ross.

Actually Ross you a correct… it was 85c per KM not per mile for work to Antwerp from UK Midlands. That worked out at £1.36 per mile. But you paid for all tolls & phone calls. I just checked over the paperwork that they sent me too, very organised but when it came down to it, it just didn’t pay.

emma kane…

chirpy little thing from manchester living in austria with an italian boyfriend…

… and shes fit…

Lrm

Harry Monk:

And that is the way to work them, I was working for Kuhne and Nagel and the two went together like strawberries and cream.

I didn’t doubt anyone when they mentioned 85cents, of course that would be kilometres, and she is looking for 13.6 trailers, not 45 footers

Wheel Nut:
I didn’t doubt anyone when they mentioned 85cents, of course that would be kilometres, and she is looking for 13.6 trailers, not 45 footers

so long as you could squeeze 33 euro pallets into it, it matters not what you call it. I’ve found that the Irish & many English peeps have mostly called 33plt trailers 45 footers where in fact they were actually 13.6m. When I bought a Van Hool sliding roof curtainsider from TIP in 1997 the salesman was calling it a 45 footer so I measured it & of course it was a 13.5 and regularly did loads for LKW Walter, rarely less than a couple of loads a month.

Ross.

My former employer used to do a lot for them on Northern france up until recently, i asked him why we cant go further afield for them and he said that the rates on each desk are different with the NL rates being the worst. We were on it for a couple of years and were the only uk subbie on that desk at the time so i believe. The work was good, all clean full loads and they sure kept us busy. A lot of it was Proctor and Gamble, all blue chip customers.

I used to work for a company doing lots of work to Switzerland and we’d often reload for LKW Walter. I have no idea what the rate was, probably quite poor as all the other trucks loading with me for the UK were of various Eastern European nationalities but from a drivers point of view it was excellent work. Full loads, usually prompt loading, clean work and generally no issues clearing customs out of Swiss and usually I’d have my load confirmation/fax from Walters before I’d even left England with customs agent info and ferry booking etc. We also pulled their own trailers a few times between the UK and Germany but the rates they originally offered apparently never came through and we ended up making a loss on that work so it was quickly stopped. Shame as it was excellent work. Not much use when it pays peanuts though.