little help needed

just got new job start monday scania r series 51 plate just wondering about gears never drove scania before any advice pulling away loaded unloaded etc ?
any help very grateful

:smiley:

you will be driving a 4 series on a 51 plate not r series. i.e r114,r124

depending on how big it is you will either have a manual 3 over 3 with splitter or 4 over 4.

driving off gear will depend on what you have on the back. if its pillows you can get away with 3rd but if its beer you will need 1st.

good luck with the new job

jon

If its the three over three it might seem a little odd at first if you’ve never had a gear box in that format. Where 1 would normally be there is nothing, where two would normally be, thats 1 (so left and down) two is where three would normally be and three if where four would be. I learnt to drive in a V reg Scania with Denby at Grimsby and I got used to it very quickly but I have heared that a lot of people failed their test on gears because they couldn’t get used to it quick enough. Atleast you’ve got no pressure, you can get on with it at your own pace. Anyway, good luck with your new job. What sort of work will you be doing?

i swop from scania 3 over 3 to volvo 3 of 3 and the bloody gears are in diffrent place the amount of time ive pulled off and gone ot change gear and wondered why it won’t go in to ewalise its not blooming there
:blush:
jon

jonboy:
i swop from scania 3 over 3 to volvo 3 of 3 and the bloody gears are in diffrent place the amount of time ive pulled off and gone ot change gear and wondered why it won’t go in to ewalise its not blooming there
jon

How is the 3 over 3 set up on a Volvo?

robinhood_1984:

jonboy:
jon

How is the 3 over 3 set up on a Volvo?

1 top left 2 bottom left 3 top right flick switch 4 top left 5 bottom left and 5 top right

jon

Good luck with the new job :smiley:

The Volvo 3 over 3 is the same as a 4over 4, with 4th blanked off. In the Scania, they’ve blanked 1st off.

Why they couldn’t put a gear box with the full compliment of gears in, I don’t know.

Be honest to your “new” boss, tell him the truth ask HIS advice, then he cant moan at u . There’s no shame in asking.