Limeyphil (1), moto security (0)

last week, i pulled into lymm for diesel. i then had to phone the office to find out which dock i was going to.
they asked if i could drop my trailer, then go to hyde to help another driver sheet a difficult load.
so i dropped my trailer, but didn’t pay to leave it there, as i reckoned on being away about 1.5 hours.
on my return the security had parked their van in front of my trailer and [zb]ed off. i knew what they were up to. i had to find them, give them some money, and grovel. they can [zb] right off.

there was a foreign lorry next to my trailer who was about to go, but i didn’t want to hang about waiting, just in case he was just charging his batteries, but there was no one parked at the other side of my trailer.
so i reversed under it side on (in the jacknife position), ran round it like i was on speed and then [zb]ed off sharpish.
i saw two drivers laughing there heads off at all this, as they knew what had gone on. the foreign truck did pull out shortly after me. this then left a moto security van sat all by itself in a lonely part of a lorry park.

i just wish i could have seen the look on the security blokes faces. :laughing:

:sunglasses: Nice one Limeyphil :laughing:

I love it!!! :smiley:

Nice one Phil. :grimacing:

I hope you thought about taking your rear number plate off the trailer before you left for your errand of mercy. :wink:

Unfortunately, you’ve probably been caught on camera complete with your unit’s reg number. :frowning:

Niiice :grimacing:

dieseldave:
Unfortunately, you’ve probably been caught on camera complete with your unit’s reg number. :frowning:

So what, theres sweet FA they can do apart from send threathening letters :wink:

Nice 1 limeyphil, just steer clear from Lymm in future my mate did’nt pay his parking & next time he went in for breakfast he came out to a clamp & a big bill to remove it.

Tossers aren’t they.

Fly sheet

some pics of that would have been nice … so we could all have had a good laugh…at the wee jobsworth… :smiley:

That has a certain style, 9.7/10! Do what I did once, admittedly this wasn’t in a services, just some arsewipe being, well, an arsewipe :neutral_face: Parked his van thing infront of the trailer I was to pick up from an Ind Est. Tied a strap to his van and tugged it in to the midddle of the road blocking not only the road, but the entrance to a very busy distribution depot! Plain trailer no number plates, but he knew who did it just couldn’t prove it. Love to have hung around for the outcome, and love to know where his van thing did finally end up, there was a canal at the end of the road! :smiling_imp:
‘Crazytrucker’

andy.

Big Joe:
Niiice :grimacing:

dieseldave:

So what, theres sweet FA they can do apart from send threathening letters :wink:

That’s very true mate, but I’m just thinking of Phil receiving all those begging letters once they trace the Reg number.

I’m pretty sure that Phil has a solution to the problem of all those begging letters. :wink: :grimacing:

I’d love to have seen matey’s face when he found his van in an isolated position. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

had a pic in my mind of him scraping the van on the way out…not that i would even do such a thing…nah i would…

fly sheet:
Nice 1 limeyphil, just steer clear from Lymm in future my mate did’nt pay his parking & next time he went in for breakfast he came out to a clamp & a big bill to remove it.

Tossers aren’t they.

Fly sheet

I’ve heard of that happen before to someone on a “revisit” i thought you couldn’t do that “impound” for a civil debt, but i’m no expert and i suppose it is private property

The only problem was they clamped the guys 2nd axle so he raised it and carried on :laughing: :laughing: , i think the BIB stopped him by the weaver viaduct to ask for it’s return :laughing: :laughing: Quality :laughing:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: PRICELESS MAN
keep us updated on what happens next time you park there

speedyguy:
The only problem was they clamped the guys 2nd axle so he raised it and carried on :laughing: :laughing: , i think the BIB stopped him by the weaver viaduct to ask for it’s return :laughing: :laughing: Quality :laughing:

:unamused: this whole thread has a definite iffy odour to it :laughing:

it would have been great if one of the fellas who were laughing, had thought to video the whole thing, including the van turning up in the first place. then speed it up. it would be like a truck driving benny hill scetch.

you never think about taking pictures until it’s too bloody late. :laughing:

i was back there last night for fuel and a mcdonalds. i went in the shop by the pumps, and one of the security fellas was sat there eating a bag of crisps.
i wonder what he was thinking? “why is that bloke grinning at me?”

i know what i was thinking. :laughing:

Nice one Phil, little victories like that are good to hear.

I have an idea to beat the clampers, just issue a claim for damages to the clamping thieves, you don’t have to prove they have, they have to prove they never, even if it’s for scartching the paint off your wheel, by the time you take the truck off the road for a day to have it repainted, pay for the respray itself etc you will run up a bill a bit higher than the 250 they charge you for your release, if enough people did that they would soon see that clamping trucks is more trouble than it’s worth & stay out of the lorry parks.

fly sheet:

Tossers aren’t they.

Fly sheet

+1. I was parked next to someone this happened to! Be careful!

Nice one, wouldn’t you just love to see the look on their faces when they came back :laughing:

never knew you had to pay to leave a trailer in the services, thought the first 2 hours is free? Exeter services always has trailers left in the lorry park, left mine in there to do a tight job down in Exmouth and never had any trouble

Warren T. Claim:

fly sheet:

Tossers aren’t they.

Fly sheet

+1. I was parked next to someone this happened to! Be careful!

I’d believe it more if happened to someone who actually posted on here rather than believe hearsay, as clamping someone who didn’t pay a previous parking fee, and then charging 1500 to 3000% more to remove the clamp comes under extortion, its why they won’t persue the £80 no payment charge in the courts, as it would be thrown out because the penalty would be deemed excessive as it bears no resemblence to the value of any revenue that may of been lost to the MSA operator.
And as its the driver of the vehicle who should pay the fee, how do they know its the same driver they’ve got.
I’ll wait to be proved wrong, but I’ve been threathened with clamping if I return to Oxford services, bring it on I say :grimacing: .

Grayham:
Nice one, wouldn’t you just love to see the look on their faces when they came back :laughing:

never knew you had to pay to leave a trailer in the services, thought the first 2 hours is free? Exeter services always has trailers left in the lorry park, left mine in there to do a tight job down in Exmouth and never had any trouble

not so many now Bryan isn’t using it :wink: