Apologies

To any truck drivers on here who stayed at Newark lorry park Thursday gone and were awoken just before 2am . Had to do a trailer swap with with a guy parked there so had to drive around to find the trailer and then again to find a space to drop my one , also when picking up the trailer managed to miss the pin so it took a little while longer to pick up . I did try to be quiet though .

Gillberry:
To any truck drivers on here who stayed at Newark lorry park Thursday gone and were awoken just before 2am . Had to do a trailer swap with with a guy parked there so had to drive around to find the trailer and then again to find a space to drop my one , also when picking up the trailer managed to miss the pin so it took a little while longer to pick up . I did try to be quiet though .

Missed the pin :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :blush: :blush:

bald bloke:

Gillberry:

Missed the pin :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :blush: :blush:

Didn’t allow for the drop from the concrete so as the unit backed under nice and level the ground dropped and I didn’t raise the unit quick enough . Lesson learnt though.

Gillberry:
Didn’t allow for the drop from the concrete so as the unit backed under nice and level the ground dropped and I didn’t raise the unit quick enough . Lesson learnt though.

I hope it wasn’t a fridge you were picking up :smiley:

bald bloke:

Gillberry:

I hope it wasn’t a fridge you were picking up :smiley:

No thankfully a curtainsider :smiley:

Saying you missed the pin on a truck forum is bad form, its like saying you own a caravan and actually enjoy it.

mike68:
Saying you missed the pin on a truck forum is bad form, its like saying you own a caravan and actually enjoy it.

Yeah imagine that… :blush: :blush:

Or that you are agency and it " suits your lifestyle "!!

mike68:

bit like paddy :grimacing: throwing the pin :laughing: and keeping hold of the grenade! Lol. :sunglasses:

Being a relative newbie to class1 this was the first and last time of missing the pin and I’m sure that there are plenty on here who in there early years made this mistake . As for owning and enjoying a caravan guilty as charged but then each to their own when it comes to how they relax on holiday .

Good on yer for admitting you aint a driving God (cos most think they are on here, apart from dear ole Dozy) but you do leave yourself open to being ostracised for admitting to enjoy a wobble box holiday, so do I and I pull it with a BMW so no one talks to me at all :cry: :cry:

Fair play to the op for apologizing.

When I have done trailer swaps I try to be as quiet and considerate as is possible which in our game isn’t always easy, as I appreciate how difficult it can be to get a good sleep in a truck. If I am pulling a fridge, I always turn it off until I leave, never have the radio on, and don’t slam the motor under the trailer at warp factor 10 as there is no need if you use the air suspension control. I also turn the engine off once I am under the trailer while connecting up.

Manners and consideration cost nothing.

Ken.

raymundo:
Good on yer for admitting you aint a driving God (cos most think they are on here, apart from dear ole Dozy) but you do leave yourself open to being ostracised for admitting to enjoy a wobble box holiday, so do I and I pull it with a BMW so no one talks to me at all :cry: :cry:

Ours is a classic caravan and is pulled by the modern volvo on long journeys and our classic volvo on short journeys , I also have a pipe a flat cap and slippers . Each to their own :smiley:

Gillberry:
Being a relative newbie to class1 this was the first and last time of missing the pin and I’m sure that there are plenty on here who in there early years made this mistake . As for owning and enjoying a caravan guilty as charged but then each to their own when it comes to how they relax on holiday .

Your probably spot on mate me thinks there one or two on here who never sit down when having a kite

Wait for it…

Three pages of how to fasten a tractor unit to a trailer

And another three pages on the joys of wobble box ownership.

Somebody go get the beers and I’ll go and find the lawnchairs again :smiley: :smiley:

Best trailer swap I “should” probably apologise for was at Ross on “Why did I stop here?” I was a night shift shunter at the time and in my haste to get swapped and gone forgot to engage the park brake (let the onslaught commence) the legs made a wonderful SCHREEEEETTCCHHING sound on the concrete at 3 oclock in the morning when I connected (and then bloody quickly disconnected again) the red. :blush: