attempted theft

last week two agency drivers were doing a change over at lymm truck stop
1 of them could not find his trailer ,checked with security :unamused: yes trailer is booked in so he went a walk with other agency driver and came across his trailer with a unit under it and a bloke hitching it up.
well as soon as the bloke asked him why he was hitching up to his trailer he ran away :unamused: strange they thought and opened the cab door and found the unit had been hot wired so police were called,trailer had some booze on it
not that strange but certanly made me think.
anyway what do u think of secuity at lymm personaly i think its crap ,they never
check the trailers they never even come out the security hut so why do firms pay for change overs where trailers can be left for hours and the security dont give a (ZB),all i can say is the security is (zb) and any one doing a change over beware
quite agree but sorry I couldn’t let them stay :wink: mrs mix

Security is even worse now as the barriers dont work anymore so people just come and go as they please :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

simon

I dont know how Lymm can advertise and charge as a secure park :open_mouth:

Everytime I have been in the barriers are raised or broken off. how is a 16 gauge aluminium pole supposed to stop 44 tonnes anyway?

Anyone can wander in and out, coaches can bring a coachload of truck thieves in, or they can bring a sunday school outing armed with stanley knives to â– â– â– â– â–  trailers.

you would think they would have fixed those barriers by now how long is it they have been broken 3 weeks or more they must be losing a lot of money from overnight parking. does anyone know how they were smashed down anyway

Why do you guy’s use it then :question: .

kitkat:

i only use it for the mcdonalds or somewhere to hide :wink:

wylie:
you would think they would have fixed those barriers by now how long is it they have been broken 3 weeks or more they must be losing a lot of money from overnight parking. does anyone know how they were smashed down anyway

One of the guys on the wash told me that cause the wide load exit was closed a couple of those artics carrying bungalows lined up and smashed through…

Just wish I was there to see it :laughing:

kitkat:

We are only allowed to park in secure sites when carrying targetable goods :exclamation:

Our secure sites are listed in a monthly newsletter. Somehow Lymme has found its way into there :open_mouth:

Although nowhere is secure, as a lot of pilfering must be done by drivers in the truckstops. we are not allowed to park on services or lay-by’s, the only really secure places we have are Poole Harbour, Ryton, Hilton Depot and a factory in stoke.

I have just nominated Lockerbie as a semi secure park as there is a bloke with a dog, cameras and a police station next door, decent grub too :stuck_out_tongue:

Malc, that wasn`t you I was talking to at Wilko in Worksop yesterday, was it?
Regards
Trev

Wheel Nut:

kitkat:

We are only allowed to park in secure sites when carrying targetable goods :exclamation:

Our secure sites are listed in a monthly newsletter. Somehow Lymme has found its way into there :open_mouth:

Although nowhere is secure, as a lot of pilfering must be done by drivers in the truckstops. we are not allowed to park on services or lay-by’s, the only really secure places we have are Poole Harbour, Ryton, Hilton Depot and a factory in stoke.

I have just nominated Lockerbie as a semi secure park as there is a bloke with a dog, cameras and a police station next door, decent grub too :stuck_out_tongue:

Sorry Malc, but that’s just not a good enough ‘excuse’ in my opinion.

We do a lot of high value stuff and the rules are that if we don’t have enough time to get to the delivery point and get tipped or it is going to be tight on time to get to the delivery point and get tipped then the load stays where it is until we do. The vast majority of our pick up points don’t allow overnight unit parking on site, but trailers are obviously okay and they also provide wash & showers and basic food & drink facilites.

There is simply no reason to park on MSA’s. If your company has to run that tight to make any money (by having to park up en-route with high-value loads when your time is up) then they shouldn’t be in business. :bulb:

Trevor Parry:
Malc, that wasn`t you I was talking to at Wilko in Worksop yesterday, was it?
Regards
Trev

Not me, Ive been on Holiday.

Was there one of our trucks in there?

We take kelt into B & Q so we probably go there too