Any comments ?.

Taken from the News thread
trucknetuk.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=7676

The driver from Eric Short Haulage Ltd, based in Newcastle-upon-Tyne, was unable to park at a truck stop as it was full, so he was forced to park in the lay-by at 10pm on Wednesday, as he had done his quota of hours for the day.

The driver was unaware that the boxes had been stolen until 3.45am on Thursday, when he saw that the side curtain had been ripped open.

Patricia Short, director of Eric Short Haulage Ltd, said: “It is strange that the driver didn’t hear anything. We’ve had problems in Europe with drivers being gassed with sleeping gas if they leave a window open. I’m not sure if that happened here.”

“if they leave a window open.” Well now we all know how it happens.

cant believe no one seen anything.
this part of the a1 still has a fair bit of traffic on it at that time of night.
presuming he was parked northbound though there is a footpath running down this side of the road.
still it would not take long to shift 150 boxes bit you would need a decent sized van

Size 10 please.

jammymutt:
Size 10 please.

:smiley: :smiley: I will have size 11 :smiley:

That aint nothing on the two Nolan stories of theft in the past three weeks here in the republic…

…within three weeks of each other a load of computer parts/trailer/unit/driver had completely dissapeared off of the face of the earth. Last seen getting onto a P&O ferry in Dublin.

Another load of Vodka last seen leaving Rathcoole, Dublin has dissapeared complete with trailer, unit and driver…

Both weird

It is a matter of fact that if you have what is to be comsidered a high value or stealable load and can find no suitable parking you can infact drive to the nearest police station and tell them you need safe parking, they must provide it and allow you to go over your hours to find it. :exclamation:

This happened to me on several occasssions when I drove for Fed Ex, once in Colchester, when they told me to park in the Lorry park and they would keep and eye on me, infact for the whole night a police car was parked outside my truck. On another occassion I was in a northern town (can’t remember which one) my time ran out at my last drop, I was carrying TV’s & VCR’s, I went to the police station to ask for safe parking, they cleared a section of the police car park and let me park there all night, they also took me to the police club for a drink :slight_smile:

these boots wear made for walking :laughing: and walking the did :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

The two pieces that drew my interst were

Patricia Short, director of Eric Short Haulage Ltd, said: “It is strange that the driver didn’t hear anything.”

&

Patricia Short, director of Eric Short Haulage Ltd, said: " drivers being gassed with sleeping gas if they leave a window open."

All the drivers fault then.

Nothing to do with the driver he is on his daily rest . Unless he gets paid security money at night :laughing: :laughing: ,!!!

We all know this happens all the time…and the director of the company said that she finds it unbelievable that the driver didnt hear anything…do i detect a boss not believing the driver…do i detect that a driver should always be on duty and on guard…supply box trailers…and this may not happen…what i find difficult to believe is the fact that the police were there in 10 minutes…theft discovered at 03.45…police arrived at 03.55…if thats true…well done to the boys in blue…
i`m a poet…and i dont know it…
have a nice day

OK, so the driver is asleep, recovering from stressing for the last [zb] knows how many hours on the road with our traffic and at the same time he is supposed to be able to hear if someone cuts open a cutainsider and gets the goods out. If it’s such a “valuable” load then why didn’t the company send it out in a box wagon or at least a more secure form of cs, if there is one!

The driver can’t be responsible for the load and sleep at the same time can he (she) ■■ :open_mouth: :open_mouth: