Licence picture renewal

I have just recieved a form from the DVLA (D798) in the post asking me to renew the photo on my driving licence. I must have a new picture taken and then send it to them along with a £20 fee. This just seems unfair to me and i wonder why it does’nt mention why the current picture is good enough for my digi-card but not my driving licence. Perhaps i will get another letter in a while asking me to renew that one as well along with another £20. Perhaps nobody has told the DVLA that there is a recession on and times are hard! I cant think why anyone would want to become a lorry driver now what with all the training, testing, cpc, stupid legislation and all the nutter drivers trying to cut you up at every turn. If i had to start over again theirs no way i would do it!

Not being funny but yer passport lasts 10years cos of the photo and you have to renew that at cost when it expires.

I suppose if you want to go abroad you pay to renew your passport and if you wanna drive then…

What can ya do eh?

and they are hoping that a few hunderd people wont bother to do it and give them a present of a £1000 (think it is) fine when they dont do it

It isn’t just your lorry licence though, it is a car or moped licence you are renewing

stevieboy143:
I have just recieved a form from the DVLA (D798) in the post asking me to renew the photo on my driving licence. I must have a new picture taken and then send it to them along with a £20 fee. This just seems unfair to me and i wonder why it does’nt mention why the current picture is good enough for my digi-card but not my driving licence. Perhaps i will get another letter in a while asking me to renew that one as well along with another £20. Perhaps nobody has told the DVLA that there is a recession on and times are hard! I cant think why anyone would want to become a lorry driver now what with all the training, testing, cpc, stupid legislation and all the nutter drivers trying to cut you up at every turn. If i had to start over again theirs no way i would do it!

Get your firm to pay for it ! I did I told them they were the reason I’d aged in the photo :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

my photo renewal coincides with every 2nd medical so I do them both at the same time.

It’s not the paying for it thats the problem, it’s just why is it ok to have the pic on my newish digicard but not on my licence? I dont want to pay twice for pictures or will they just issue me a new digicard with the updated pic?

stevieboy143:
I dont want to pay twice for pictures or will they just issue me a new digicard with the updated pic?

You won’t need to get a new digi card nor will you be required to submit an updated pic. It will remain valid until it’s expiry date despite the fact that it will have your ‘old’ photo on it.

It is just another stealth tax, we get “free driving licences” and someone has to pay for them.

My wife passed her driving test in 1991 and since then she has not needed to make any alterations, therefore she still has a green non photo one.

As no one has to sign to say that the photo is a true likeness it makes a farce of the thing. Any old photo will do.

i recently moved house and had to do the usual change of address on everything, as i still had the old paper licence the form said i needed an up to date photo and it would cost £20. i sent the cheque off with the form and photo, and when my new licence came back, the cheque was with it and a note saying there is no charge on this occasion, i picked my driver card up last week with the new address and pic on for no cost too. :slight_smile:

I had the same thing when I added class D to my licence in 2003. The form said that there was a fee, I can’t remember how much, so I sent cheque. The amended licence arrived with cheque, no explanation. I didn’t bother to query it.

stevieboy143:

are you a ugly mug lol dv