Photolicence renewal

I know this was mentioned recently as from last year the first DVLA photo-cards were beginning to expire after 10 years. To renew them you need a new photograph, it doesn’t need to be certified but to save a lot of messing; I found this link to be very useful. It costs you £4.50 on top of the £20 renewal fee, but I just asked a local photographer who I know from the pub, he wants a fiver to take 4 passport sized pictures (45mm x 35mm); and the post office staff will check your forms, verify the classes and take a picture in special booths.

postoffice.co.uk/portal/po/c … s113200849

Good one Malc…another one I did, was about 15 years ago, I had about 8 photos done in one of those booths, well I’m still useing the same photos, I do look young ha ha, never had a problem either.

Dieseldogsix:
Good one Malc…another one I did, was about 15 years ago, I had about 8 photos done in one of those booths, well I’m still useing the same photos, I do look young ha ha, never had a problem either.

Yes. I used to get a sheet done of 12 or 24 and keep them in my lorry, when you had to get visas on the borders it normally cost you two photos and the border guards would sometimes do it for a price or they sent you back to get them done. I have run out now and couldn’t get away with being 25 in anyone’s wildest dreams anyway

So if my photo card licence ran from 03 would the photo have to be renewed by 2013 or does this 10 year renewal cash raising bullcrap fee of £20 only start from 2010 ?

also as my medical is due next year and assuming that the mugshot would need renewing in 2013 can i renew both c & e & photo in one go, avoiding being ripped off in another 3years ?

your photo card licence has a 10 yr expire date on it not just from 2010 unless you changes you pic then as well

you could try doin both at the same time wouldnt hurt

animal:
your photo card licence has a 10 yr expire date on it not just from 2010 unless you changes you pic then as well

you could try doin both at the same time wouldnt hurt

That is my plan I have a black mark that is due to be removed and my photo is also near to expiry, I am hoping that the £24.50 will kill two birds :wink:

One thing I did discover is that the digital renewal after 5 years doesn’t need another photo, they use the 10 year one already on file with DVLA

when I exchanged to a phot licence they used my pic from my passport, cant they do this when your 10yrs is up?