Photo Licence Renewal

I just renewed mine and was going to go to the Post Office to get a photo and have them do the paperwork. Before I went I had a look at the form and saw that if you have a passport less that 5 years old you can do it all on line. It’s a bit of a rigmarole (involves registering on the Government gateway) but I did it, paid my £20 by DC and it arrived today.

Full Marks DVLA.

Hi Santa,

I’ve copied your post onto the end of the Photocard renewal sticky in the Safety & Law Forum. :wink:

Thanks for this info.

Renewed my digi card a couple of months ago and renewing my licence, with new photo soon.

I will then have two different pictures for over four years.

I purposely dug through old folders to find some passport photos from 10-15 years ago. They want my photo updated, not me, but I have to pay for the privelige? Then I get to choose the photo :slight_smile: Now my ‘new’ up-to-date license has me looking 15 years younger, 'cos I’m petty like that.
That’ll teach 'em.

Mental note, must get some passport photo’s done and put in the safe for 10 years time :slight_smile:

Santa:
I just renewed mine and was going to go to the Post Office to get a photo and have them do the paperwork. Before I went I had a look at the form and saw that if you have a passport less that 5 years old you can do it all on line. It’s a bit of a rigmarole (involves registering on the Government gateway) but I did it, paid my £20 by DC and it arrived today.

Full Marks DVLA.

Yeah I got mine that way and it come 2 days later

Done my photo renewal on line and it was free I then phoned to DVLA to explain I hadn’t payed the next day they rang me back to tell me there was no charge licence arrived couple of days later all correct