IMPORTANT- Photocard driving licence - 10 year photo renewal

just renewed mine it expires 13-2-12, anyway you can do it on line with the DVLA (as long as you have a pasport with 5 or more years left on it) and it was free of charge new one came yesterday,I’ve checked it over, its all o.k

I just renewed mine and was going to go to the Post Office to get a photo and have them do the paperwork. Before I went I had a look at the form and saw that if you have a passport less that 5 years old you can do it all on line. It’s a bit of a rigmarole (involves registering on the Government gateway) but I did it, paid my £20 by DC and it arrived today.

Full Marks DVLA.

dieseldave:
10-YEAR RENEWALS FOR PHOTOCARD DRIVING LICENCES
:arrow: LINK TO ORIGINAL INFO

On the transport office website is:
Key facts you need to know

Here are the key facts for the 10 year photo renewal:

• the photo on the driving licence is valid for 10 years

• driving licence holders must renew their photo before the expiry date

• as the first photocard licences were introduced in July 1998, photographs will begin to expire and need renewing from July 2008

• this is a mandatory requirement under GB law, section 99(5) of the Road Traffic Act 1988 non-surrender of licence - section 99(2A)

• the DVLA will send reminders to driving licence holders (approximately 2 months prior to photo expiry)

• the photo expiry date is displayed on the front of the licence at item 4b

• there will be a fee of £20 to renew the photo [ :open_mouth: ]

• failure to surrender the photocard licence when the photo has expired is a criminal offence and the driver may face a fine of up to £1000 :cry:

• you may encounter a licence with an expired photo - you need to be prepared

:open_mouth: W H O O S H, there goes another £20 to the government. :open_mouth:

Maybe it’s time to check your driving licences, but whatever you do, please don’t get caught out. :wink:

:grimacing: All those in favour say “aye.” (I’ll get my coat…) slinks away

Hello i’m Cristi from Romania i just finish all the exam’s to get the profesional driver license i just finde this site we got 1 similar in Romanian language now about this subgect from 19 jan 2013 the the parlament of Romania give another ■■■■ law as i see in UK you need to change the driving license from 10 to 10 years well in Romania you have to change it from 5 to 5 years after passing 1 medical exam and they will try to make 1 card for all the thing’s you got like driver license+digital card+all the other’s thing’s you need to drive truk’s like oversize load’s ADR etc…

It is five years here now as well . Photocard licence needs to be renewed after five years now, but older cards can renew as and when they are due.

I renewed mine last month as my boyish good looks ran out and i got a letter with it saying that because I hold an lgv licence it needs renewing every 5 years!. Robbing bar stewards.

10-YEAR RENEWALS FOR PHOTOCARD DRIVING LICENCES
:arrow_right: LINK TO ORIGINAL INFO

On the transport office website is:
Key facts you need to know

Here are the key facts for the 10 year photo renewal:

• the photo on the driving licence is valid for 10 years

• driving licence holders must renew their photo before the expiry date

• as the first photocard licences were introduced in July 1998, photographs will begin to expire and need renewing from July 2008

• this is a mandatory requirement under GB law, section 99(5) of the Road Traffic Act 1988 non-surrender of licence - section 99(2A)

• the DVLA will send reminders to driving licence holders (approximately 2 months prior to photo expiry)

• the photo expiry date is displayed on the front of the licence at item 4b

• there will be a fee of £20 to renew the photo [ :open_mouth: ]

• failure to surrender the photocard licence when the photo has expired is a criminal offence and the driver may face a fine of up to £1000 :cry:

• you may encounter a licence with an expired photo - you need to be prepared

:open_mouth: W H O O S H, there goes another £20 to the government. :open_mouth:

Maybe it’s time to check your driving licences, but whatever you do, please don’t get caught out. :wink:

:grimacing: All those in favour say “aye.” (I’ll get my coat…) slinks away

Ok there gotta be a way to get this cheap?

I need to change my address on my license, and my driver card, do you reckon I could sneak a photo in there and get it all done at once for the renewal price?

Clarky:
Ok there gotta be a way to get this cheap?

I need to change my address on my license, and my driver card, do you reckon I could sneak a photo in there and get it all done at once for the renewal price?

Hi Clarky, it certainly caught my attention mate. :open_mouth:

It does make you think though, doesn’t it? :grimacing:

Yes mate its a big con to extract more and more money from us!

I have recently moved house so I HAVE GOT TO change my address on BOTH cards, and my photo is 11 years old now I think? So how much do I have to send them? I gonna look into it now BRB! :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp:

Clarky:
Yes mate its a big con to extract more and more money from us!

I have recently moved house so I HAVE GOT TO change my address on BOTH cards, and my photo is 11 years old now I think? So how much do I have to send them? I gonna look into it now BRB! :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp:

If you need to change your address iit won’t cost owt.

Oh right nice one! :laughing: Smiling now! Thanks Mark :wink:

Yip got my reminder and its in the post !
£17.50 to the DVLA , another money scheme!!!

So that means that the photo on my Digi Tacho (which uses the same picture) for which i have had just over 2 years also needs to be replaced■■? :angry: :angry: :angry:

Passports only last for ten years and the reason is the photo. It has to be fairly up to date to be recognisable as ID
So I suppose its only right that we have the same for driving licences to be fair.

bikemonkey:
So that means that the photo on my Digi Tacho (which uses the same picture) for which i have had just over 2 years also needs to be replaced■■? :angry: :angry: :angry:

If I remember - I’ll call DVLA for an answer to this tomorrow :slight_smile:

I look exactly the same as I did 10 years ago. In fact I look exactly the same as I looked 40 years ago…being a fairytale character, Ogres don’t age you see…that’s what I’m gonna tell the DVLA!

Oh sod it! Who do I make the cheque out to?

did mine this year cos it was up for renewal,hopefully wont have to do it again cos i should be retired :smiley:

ROG:

bikemonkey:

If I remember - I’ll call DVLA for an answer to this tomorrow :slight_smile:

GOT THE ANSWER :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

ONLY the driving licence photo needs updating :exclamation: :exclamation:

The lady I spoke to at DVLA said that was the law even though the 2 photos may be slightly different - she thought it was daft as well :unamused: :wink: :laughing: :laughing:

Thanks for the information, dieseldave, I wasn’t aware of that little scam by
the Government. However, I’ve checked my licence and I’ve got two years
to go. Much obliged and best regards. DD. :laughing:

DieselDemon:
Thanks for the information, dieseldave, I wasn’t aware of that little scam by
the Government. However, I’ve checked my licence and I’ve got two years
to go. Much obliged and best regards. DD. :laughing:

Hi DD, (it seems strange writing that :open_mouth: ) Yes mate it’s another nice little earner isn’t it? :smiling_imp:

:laughing: :laughing: Mine isn’t up until 2011, so they’ll have to wait a while longer for any cash from me. :grimacing: :sunglasses: