Licence renewal picture

Hi guys, I’m filling in the form for my license renewal.
I’m a bit confused about the wording for the picture update.
Do I need to supply proof of I.D. ? I don’t think I did but I’m not 100% sure
Do I need to get my picture signed? This is the bit that’s confusing me.
Also for country of birth is it Scotland or U.K.?
Thanks in advance

Applying by post
Fill in form D1 ‘Application for a driving licence’. You can get it from most Post Offices. Include:

a new passport type photo taken within the last month (do not sign the back of the photo)
the photocard and paper counterpart of your current licence (if you’ve lost either, tick the relevant box on the D1 form)
a cheque or postal order for £17, payable to DVLA (there’s no fee if you’re over 70 or have a medical short period licence)
Send your application and fee (if needed) to DVLA.

DVLA
Swansea
SA99 1DH
If you’ve changed your name, you’ll also need to include identity documents.

Not changed name then no ID needed

Personally I found it easier to go to a post office which takes the picture and does it all for you
Not all post offices do it

So, I don’t need the picture signed?
What about the country of birth?

I’m not sure if my post office does that.
I got the picture done and checked at a local Timpsons.
Thanks Duncan

I’d go to the post office and as said get the picture done and sent electronically. That’s how I did mine, costs a bit more I think but it’s all checked and done then submitted online. Mine came back in no time at all.

Sent from my CPH2173 using Tapatalk

Dunky123:
Also for country of birth is it Scotland or U.K.?
Thanks in advance

I’m the same, but sadly I would just sellout and say UK [emoji24]

Ok, I’ve just noticed on the front of form D47p that it says no photo required but I can send one to update records, which I shall do, but it also says no fee required! Is that right , I can’t see them not wanting money off me. Obviously I’ll need to pay for the medical next week but I’m very surprised that there is not a charge for the new license.
Duncan