License question.....

Had a letter the other day saying I need to update the photo on my license - TWENTY BLOODY QUID!!? the [zb]'s! I’m still as bloody ugly as I was 10yrs ago, the least they could do is do it for free :laughing:

Anyway… Digi-cards have photo’s on 'em, is that included? (bet that’s another bloody £20!)

Aaaand; what do I do about driving while it’s (digi card) away, assuming I’ll have to send it. Can I just do printouts for 14days?

Digi last 5 years not sure bout charge

You will poss have to get a ef number from DVLA to drive & printout for up to 15 days

Well yeah it’s not to good, rip off really!! they cant do anything right, they even messed up my cpc case studies pass certificate number too!! took them 2 months to realise it and send me a new certificate number!! dont know what would of happened had i booked my module 4 with that wrong number!! kiss goodbye to that £20 mate :laughing:

You don’t have to change the photo on your digi card, unless by some coincidence it has the same expiry date as your licence. If you do need to change anything on your digi card, new address for instance you wouldn’t send it off anyway, you would continue to use it until you go to collect your new card from DVLA local office or VOSA test station, which you nominate, and you exchange it then.

darkseeker:
Had a letter the other day saying I need to update the photo on my license

Hi darkseeker,

There’s some info on photocard driving licence renewals here:

IMPORTANT- Photocard driving licence - 10 year photo renewal - SAFETY, LAW AND WORKING TIME DIRECTIVE FORUM (INTE - Trucknet UK

I hope it helps. :smiley:

ive still got my original green licence and im keeping it this greedy goverment will be charging you £100 to renew photo ones in ten years