Lady hitchhiker

seen the same woman now twice in just over a week trying to get a lift off a truck. Watford gap yesterday and tamworth last Thursday.
she is Scottish I asked her where she was going at Tamworth and she said ‘same way as you’ :open_mouth:

I scarpered

yesterday I said ‘I know you’ she replied ‘I know you to’ :blush:

cool story eh :smiley:

Was she called Holly, and did she have plucked eyebrows ?

My guess is…

She ain’t no size 8 fitness model/swimwear model/F1 grid girl right?

A ride for a ride?

There used to be an Australian girl (not too shabby either) hitch hiking round Italy, used to nearly always end up at Carisio at weekends, always with a different driver.
Reckon she used to clear off with a driver every week and get them to drop her off back at Carisio on the way back north.

Strange way to live your life but she obviously liked it.

Did she ask for some money for a drink? There was a Scottish “lady” doing the same in Newport Pagnal northbound last week, told me to go to hell when I refused her a lift and money.

She was at Donnington services on Wednesday. I’d parked up at 11am and she approached me trying to cadge a lift to Edinburgh. She started to get on my nerves so when she asked me for some food I gave her 3 tins that had been in the locker for about 4 years!! Then she asked for a drink so I gave her a bottle of water. Then I got the “have you any money for a coffee?”. "Don’t carry cash says I.
Absolute pain in the backside.

That’s Mary regular up and down the M6, mate gave her a lift to Dumfries about 5 years ago while she was deciding where she wanted dropped did a couple of circuits of the roundabout up towards Curries yard and got pulled by the police said he was just giving the poor lass a lift home coppers took one look at her and started laughing then explained to my mate who she was.

Used to be a common sight once over, and I regularly used to pick them up when I was younger (and dafter :unamused: )
I picked up 2 young students in the 80s from Hilton Park to Carlisle, we were having a good conversation all the way up, and one of them asked me what I thought about all day when on my own driving, I jokingly said ‘‘I’ve planned the perfect murder’’ got a nervous laugh back, but it went down like a lead baloon, especially as it had got dark, and I was on a back road going towards Carlisle. :laughing:

Wouldn’t pick a girl up nowadays, you would not know wtf they may accuse you of.
In fact I saw a young lady on Killington Lake the other week, first time I have seen a ■■■■■■■ her own hitching for years.
She gave me a smile as I approached but I resisted it…must be getting old eh ?. :smiley: