HitchHikers

Noticed quite a few recently.
Does anyone pick them up?

nope used too but not now.

ive picked some good hikers up some really nice people but whats stick most in mind was when i lived in southampton and was coming off the m3 to the a34 and there was a couple who looked like right tramps with cards for leeds :open_mouth: although i was going to leeds i didnt stop for them.

a ex work mate of mine picked up a couple of hitchhikers on the a90 a few years ago, he gave them a lift to glasgow where he dropped them off as his time was up, couple of hours later he was woken by the police and arrested for rapeing the woman and threatning the bloke, he spent 3 days in the cells before he was released with no charges, the cctv at where he parked(glasgow fruit market) showed that the couple getting out of the truck and shaking the guys hand before they left. when the police arrested the couple for making false claims they said they made it up for a laugh. there laugh totaly ruined the guys life, he took a nervous breakdown and as far as am aware hasnt worked since.

only women with short skirts…and if she does :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
i only ever see trade platers and we`re not allowed to carry passengers anyway so dont stop for them.

truckyboy:
only women with short skirts…and if she does :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
i only ever see trade platers and we`re not allowed to carry passengers anyway so dont stop for them.

You bet the shorter the better with big jugs :laughing: :laughing:

http://video.google.co.uk/videoplay?docid=7841317766264996573&ei=52EVS9GMMZfW-AbwnZDRCg&q=mercedes+actros&hl=en&client=firefox-a
:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :wink:

removalboy:
http://video.google.co.uk/videoplay?docid=7841317766264996573&ei=52EVS9GMMZfW-AbwnZDRCg&q=mercedes+actros&hl=en&client=firefox-a

Shame its not a DAF :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :wink: :wink:

Big ■■■■:

removalboy:

Aah, but everybody knows ACTROS IS THE TRUCK OF THE YEAR 2004 :wink: (According to the video :stuck_out_tongue: )

removalboy:

Big ■■■■:

removalboy:

Aah, but everybody knows ACTROS IS THE TRUCK OF THE YEAR 2004 :wink: (According to the video :stuck_out_tongue: )

only reason the cr@ptros didnt stop as the driver will spend all day trying to get it back upto 90km

psv8:

removalboy:

Big ■■■■:

removalboy:

only reason the cr@ptros didnt stop as the driver will spend all day trying to get it back upto 90km

No comment. :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :smiley:

i used to do trade plates so if i see them blokes with the trade plates i pick them up cos its a hard job and them guys deserve a lift they dont earn when waiting for a lift, also alot of them are hgv drivers out of work or newly passed there test and carnt get a break, but i wouldnt pick up anyone without the trade plate and defo wouldnt pick up woman, i worked for uniloads and once you get your jobs your on your own.

consider what would happen if you had a bad accident where your passenger you picked up off the side of the road got badly injured and is off work for months or years or even the rest of there lifes, do you think they are gonna say to themselves i aint gonna sue the arse off that driver coz he/she was kind enough to pick me up, i dont think so they would be sueing you and the firm you work for for every penny they could get in compo

I pick them up, murder them , dump their bodies in a layby and continue on my journey eating a ginster sausage roll - what a life :sunglasses:

no only kidding, really, honestly :blush:

i saw a dirty looking hippy type the other day, he looked like a tramp. so that was a no.

i once picked one up as i didn’t have a second man or an ■■■■■■ vehicle. i don’t think he was too chuffed, as he was going south, but i failed to tell him that i was heading east across the a50, i just happened to be going in a southerly direction when he got in. :laughing:

the best bloke i ever gave a lift to was a japanese student, he photographed everything, including me. he said he had difficulty understanding cockneys, but he liked the UK because of all the different accents. he wanted to go to Glasgow. i tried to explain that if he found the cockneys difficult to understand, the he will be [zb]ed in Glasgow. he still wanted to go. i took him as far as southwaite services. it was a pleasure to help him out. i wish our own young people could be like him.

dustylfc:
i used to do trade plates so if i see them blokes with the trade plates i pick them up cos its a hard job and them guys deserve a lift they dont earn when waiting for a lift, also alot of them are hgv drivers out of work or newly passed there test and carnt get a break, but i wouldnt pick up anyone without the trade plate and defo wouldnt pick up woman, i worked for uniloads and once you get your jobs your on your own.

Yay, see all you lot have got to pick up platers, Im a plater and im an out of work trucker!

only ever picked up 3 ,

1. end of glastonbury 1999 a woman steped out into the carridgeway on the M5 as i was on my way to bristol ,frightened me to death ! , without thinking i get her to gordano services , silly really as she was really spaced out so dropped her there then told port police , just in case she tried it again :unamused:

2. milk tankers night runs to london ,1AM stopped on the way home for a waz on the A303 M3 split not quite to popham as i was against the N/S front wheel a voice from behind me says thanks ever so much for stoppin :open_mouth: gave me a bit of a fright , !bit dark to be crept up upon . said i hadent really stopped for her but would give her a lift as far as i could , se was going exeter , i went as far as taunton , but not before she took a few items off & went all the way :wink:

3. running from Swindon to Frome i pick u a trade plater , says he wants bath , no problem chap hop in… he was frindly enough & he talked & talked & talked & talked … :neutral_face: got to the A36 in bath ,to which i said this was as far as i was going as was off to frome & he turned & gave me a tiraid of abuse because he wasn’t anywhere near the bit of bath he wanted & moaned he had to walk the other mile ! ungratefull git :imp:

only passengers i take now are either from work or my partner or my kids

psv8:

Haha, good point (altough I was only driving 18ton Arctoses :smiley:)

I do if:

• I am driving my car or I know that employer have nothing against that
  • They look clean
  • The first impression is good.
    (and off course if they are going my way).

I’ve been to many places in Europe that way, met hundreds of nice people (and some stupid ones as well :stuck_out_tongue:), I think it’s great way to see the world and experience some real life. Flying to Paris with Ryanair then getting drunk in some cheap hostel and they flying back is not the same as going there on the road with the tent in the backpack and sleeping in some great, cheap hotel recommended by the driver who gave you a lift.

Last time I hitchhiked about 2,5 years ago, when I decided to go to Poland using that method, I’ve seen some nice places on the way down including Amsterdam…

What about safety? If I am a hithhiker, I am not affraid - who would expect me to be rich if I am traveling like that? And I am not a ■■■■ girl as well…

What about if I am the one who picking them up? There is only one rule - I never allow them to sit behind me and that’s all.

In case of accident? I have insurance for all passengers in my car…

I really thing this is a great way to see the world, and as I did 1000s of miles, I am trying to pay it back to the others now.

And I am picking trade plate drivers as well.

Another
Crap
Truck
Rolls
Out of
Stutgart.

Personal experience of a Megaspace that nearly bankrupted me has left me very bitter!

I stop for folk who appear to be genuine like carrying a motor bike helmet or petrol can.Have been glad of a lift myself in the past.