Ladies and there lorrys

my wife believes there should be pictures of ladies and there lorrys aswell as men and theres , so basicly rather than searching the whole site looking for some im asking you guys if you can help , anything to keep her indoors happy eh (slim chance of that).

Barry
A picture that I posted on a previous thread of Linda Bowman and her ex
Prior 142 non intercooled truck.
This was taken at the Detling truck show circa 1986.
Somethings however do not change…she still has not contacted me…

Leanne Booth Volvo F12.jpg

Did the Lorrys of the 60s/70s have a full size kitchen sink .?

givover:
Did the Lorrys of the 60s/70s have a full size kitchen sink .?

Yes,as well as an iron & board!!

David :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I remember loading out of Reed International at Larkfield in Kent in the mid-seventies and there was a women driver, a rarity in those days. Not sure who she worked for, could it have been Firman’s? She was a big lass, could chuck those tarpaulins about no problem. Also wasn’t there an article in one of the truck mags a few years back about some wife leading boxes out of Felixstowe. She had a Scania with an extended cab and there was a toilet or summat under the bottom bunk. Let’s face it anybody can drive a lorry these days, no ropes and sheets, no punctures to change just pick the phone up and call the tyre fitters, automatic gearboxes, power steering, sat navs, night heaters,easy-peasy. Years ago we had to struggle along without even a dreamcatcher, just a couple of “winky wavers” to keep you company!!!

Hullo,
During the 70’s and 80’s there were quite few lady (?) Drivers on the scene. First one I ever met was Paula, she was on for MAT London, and was a regular on the Italian run. Last time I saw her years ago now, was at Piatello Customs in Italy and she was with a bloke and living out there. Then there was Fifi, the first time I met her she was with Mike Jameson ( Essex Int. ) in Piraeus. The last time I saw her she was with European Frieghtbus. There was Pippa and Kath, they were usually in a DAF Wagon and Drag, on for Geof Prince. I never knew what happened to Kath, but I did hear the Pippa was in the offices of a Fridge firm in the West Country, but I can’t remember which one. Maybe Langdons. There was that bird called Kate from somewhere in South East London, I only ever met her one time though. The girl that Chinky had in tow for a while Anne, was, the last time I heard driving for Murfitts. John Fenwicks’ youngest daughter Cissy did a few trips out to Greece for Anglo Greek. There was also Howard ( Budgie ) and his wife Den, last seen doing Germany. Oh! yes and then there was Carol, doing Fridges. I did hear that she wound up in Ireland with a Driver.

Cheers, Archie.

I remember a lady trucker 70s and early 80s (not her age) called Joyce, she drove an 88 290 I think and she had “joyce’s choice” sign written on the front

I knew “Pat” who drove a ERF twin splitter for “Calor” Kings Lynn pulling gas tankers in the 80s but no pics ran up to Immingham quite often.

My ex worked for Pickfords heavy haulage out of Enfield 30 years ago.

There was Hillary on for EM Rogers, who Ash must know, there were 2 more on for M&B transport Northampton One of which IIRC was the wife of the owner of the Cheshire Hunt, and they did an article in the Times about her.

probably best known over in ireland would have been isobel millar from randalstown.

Archie, your forgetting about Laurel Garrard who did regular Greece for many years, and there was a girl with dark hair who drove for Cavewoods back in the early eighties who I think was engaged to one of their other drivers I think her name might have been Janice.

chazzer:
Archie, your forgetting about Laurel Garrard who did regular Greece for many years, and there was a girl with dark hair who drove for Cavewoods back in the early eighties who I think was engaged to one of their other drivers I think her name might have been Janice.

Hullo Charlie,
Christ yes mate, I completely forgot about Laurel. Just goes to show how the old mind deteriorates over the years. How’s the life over there now ? Have you all settled in well ?
Cheers, Archie.

No photos I’m afraid but I remember a female driver on Cadwalladers when I was with them in the early 80’s. She was french and drove on the french side of their operation when they had half a dozen french registered wagons.

Recall seeing several female drivers when I was living in Sweden in the late 70’s. They tended to be on tipper work.

Also remember seeing another female(just) driver on a French firm at the Kapikule border mid 70’s. She was on the return leg with an empty trailer and had the tailboard of her trailer down and was sliding a spare wheel up into the back singlehandedly. Wouldn’t like to have ‘crossed’ her!! :laughing: :laughing:

glenman:
probably best known over in ireland would have been isobel millar from randalstown.

And on this side of the Irish Sea (not the side I’m currently on :laughing: ) it would take a good bloke to give Isobel a run for her money :open_mouth:

Part time driver of this truck, sometimes with heels, sometimes barefoot. Nearly got a ticket for that in Italy, driving barefoot, it is illegal!

gazzer:
Part time driver of this truck, sometimes with heels, sometimes barefoot. Nearly got a ticket for that in Italy, driving barefoot, it is illegal!

Yes Gary,I remember her.She definately has got better legs than you! Regards Charlie :laughing: :laughing:

gazzer:

Hullo gazzer,
Just had a look on this site again. Wow! , now that lass is really something eh ? Is she looking for a job ? Mind you I bet she can’t chuck a Super Single up onto the back of a Tilt though. I won’t state the obvious reply to that. :smiley: :smiley:
Cheers, Archie.

It is a Merc apparently for anyone who is interested :laughing:

A friends daughter who recently passed her test!