atkinsons

:laughing: Hi/
just a question, anyone got any pics/ of a borderer “Hi Line” very tall cab with high windows, “Pickfords” had some, anyone else■■? thanks all,
ta-ta, :unamused: stan the man :unamused: mid/70s
it’s only a piece of metal
with wheels on,

Atkinson ViewLine it was called. Here’s one I took at Malpas last year.

I do have a few more on my computer, and will post them as soon as I get time to upload them. They belonged to the RTITB.

Kate:
Atkinson ViewLine it was called. Here’s one I took at Malpas last year.

I do have a few more on my computer, and will post them as soon as I get time to upload them. They belonged to the RTITB.

:laughing: :laughing: thanks for the photo kate, i always wondered why atki’s made this machine, was it because of the "marathon or the bedford detroit?? i could’nt see any practical use for it because it seemed as though the drivers position was the same as in a low cab borderer, anything on the foden yet■■?
any pic’s at all, always digging ta, stan,
it’s only a piece of metal
with wheels on :unamused: :unamused:

5…4…3…2…

When 240Gardner arrives on this thread, he’ll tell you everything you need to know. This was his Viewline.

stan-the-man:
[ i always wondered why atki’s made this machine, was it because of the "marathon or the bedford detroit??

No they were way before either of those I think.
I had one for a time at K&M Hauliers of Bulwell, it was very nice to drive with power steering and good views but the large expanse of glass made it very hot in the sunshine but cold in the winter or at night (same old useless Atki heater). :smiling_imp: :laughing:
Seems strange in these days of health and safety but they were actually advertised with a picture of a bloke who had just fallen out of one. :open_mouth: :laughing:

Limey:
5…4…3…2…

Anyway, where were you last week when Stan was looking for info on the Foden Twit Load??

killsville:
When 240Gardner arrives on this thread, he’ll tell you everything you need to know. This was his Viewline.

Thanks Andy - always happy to oblige!

The Viewline was first shown at the 1966 Commercial Vehicle Show at Earls Court. For a brief period c.1968/9 it was listed as the standard cab on Atkinson’s double-drive heavy haulage tractors, but the Mk.2 cab was available as an option at a cost reduction of £150.

As David says, baking in summer and freezing in winter - having owned my much-missed example for 19 years, I can vouch for that! But it was comfy and relatively quiet, with loads of room inside. And the steering wheel, seat, pedals and instruments all lined up with each other!!!