Ladies and there lorrys

When I was driving for Transleam International in the mid '80’s we had one or two o/d subbies doing Turkey for us.
One of them always had his wife and daughter with him,but if the truth be known,she did more of the driving than he did.They had a Transcon unit.
At that time also,my bosses girl friend,aged 22 at the time,would tip and load my trailer in between trips with my F12 left ■■■■■■,she was a cracking driver!

Which is the driver?This pic was taken on the Cannakale ferry on the way to Izmir.

My F12 on Transleam.I’ve got a pic of the young lady driving it somewhere,I’ll try and dig it out.

givover:
Did the Lorrys of the 60s/70s have a full size kitchen sink .?

Had a f10 with a sink in it under the bunk was a factory fit aswell

givover:

There is some photo’s on here but not sure where of Leyland Marathons and Volvos with factory fitted sinks and kitchens from the 70s but I can’t recall any from the 60s as there was not that many sleeper cabs about then it was late 60s when sleeper cabs first came about. There were some lads who had fitted showers as well in the 70s :wink:

sammyopisite:

givover:

There is some photo’s on here but not sure where of Leyland Marathons and Volvos with factory fitted sinks and kitchens from the 70s but I can’t recall any from the 60s as there was not that many sleeper cabs about then it was late 60s when sleeper cabs first came about. There were some lads who had fitted showers as well in the 70s :wink:

Hullo sammyopisite,
The early Marathon sleepers with the fitted kitchen bits and bobs were probably those BRS ones. There are pictures on here somewhere. Also there were a few of the P.I.E motors that were fitted out with really good facilities, the DAF’s especially, with everything except the dining table (dash fitted) under the bunk.
Cheers, Archie.

Yes, I had an ex Patricks Globetrotter, HNH 350 Y that had a full kitchen and shower on the catwalk

gazzer:
Nearly got a ticket for that in Italy

How’d she get out of that? Just open the door to talk to the copper I’d imagine! :smiley:

Phwooaarr :open_mouth:

There was a young girl from London back in the mid 80’s who did a lot of Italy and France called Hazel. She owned a couple of horses and I did wonder if she used to post on here under the name of Load Of Horses.

Only ever saw one female driver and that was years ago at Clayton Dewandre Lincoln. She was driving a four wheeler box van loaded with 45s barrels of oil. The fork lift driver who was also the works conveynor told her to paddle the barrels to the back for him to lift off with his forklift. She told him she couldnt manage to do that could he climb up and help her? You can imagine the response. He really went to town over her taking a job off a man that she was incapable of doing told her to go away[rather more forcefully] and never to come back again. We are all aware that driving was easy it was the loading unloading and handball that sorted the men from the boys.

maxhagar:
Only ever saw one female driver and that was years ago at Clayton Dewandre Lincoln. She was driving a four wheeler box van loaded with 45s barrels of oil. The fork lift driver who was also the works conveynor told her to paddle the barrels to the back for him to lift off with his forklift. She told him she couldnt manage to do that could he climb up and help her? You can imagine the response. He really went to town over her taking a job off a man that she was incapable of doing told her to go away[rather more forcefully] and never to come back again. We are all aware that driving was easy it was the loading unloading and handball that sorted the men from the boys.

AND Girls eh? :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Just as an aside to the thread, is it just me or is there something missing from that gap between the air tanks and the rear wheel mud flap■■? A fuel tank maybe a storage locker?? Just doesnt look quite right somehow?? :confused: :confused:

hello bullit

did not notice the truck sitting their, :smiley: :smiley:

it does look kind of odd though i would of thought with a international motor it would have been a tank in their at least.

regards
mark

marcus 22:
hello bullit

did not notice the truck sitting their, :smiley: :smiley:

it does look kind of odd though i would of thought with a international motor it would have been a tank in their at least.
ad blue tank… :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :imp:
regards
mark

That would be where the spare wheel or an extra fuel tank goes on an eighties F10 or 12, you can tell the approximate age by the step on the air tanks and the round fuel tank on the far side.

givover:

A full size kitchen sink would be a bit ambitious.
I built myself a kitchen that I was able to transfer from one motor to another when I changed employers or make of truck.
Here is a view of some of the extras I was able to fit.Bear in mind this was in the late '70’s,early '80’s when to have a Globetrotter with fitted kitchen was the dogs danglies!

Two ring gas cooker with grill,sink with pumped water supply.

View from the bedroom showing the kitchen packed away,the table and TV.

However,when the weather was nice the catering was usually done outside as usually salads were the order of the day.

Or on a warm evening cooking would normally be done outside at the trailer box.

Shower facilities at somewhere like Fallujah were pretty simle,however I did have a cracking shower arangement under the front grille of my 142 complete with shower curtain.On my F12 I built a shower on the catwalk.
I had a Volvo under bunk fridge and a night heater so the job was just about bearable!
It was a regular thing to be parked up on a layby somewhere in Eastern Europe to have one or two Brits turn up and ask to use the shower.