Just wached the news

man saying how good wtd will be now we have lost opt out… then next article men layed off, thousands on short time . are these pricks who dream up these rules a full shilling

fuse:
man saying how good wtd will be now we have lost opt out… then next article men layed off, thousands on short time . are these pricks who dream up these rules a full shilling

The only full shilling is in their index-linked inflationproof pension, fuse, which is more than we bloody get. :angry:

I typically work around that mark and it’s enough for me. I can’t wait to get home at the end of a shift and I’m not that keen to start in the morning either! I’ve always been in favour of this as I believe it’s the willingness of drivers in this industry to work 60,70 and 80+ hours a week that’s helped to keep hourly rates low, amongst other things. Unfortunately the timing is ■■■■ so it might be difficult to assess the impact of this with this recession we’re in now but you never know,in the long wrong it might prove to be a good thing for the workers in this industry who haven’t had the back bone to fight for a decent rate, preferring to work all the hours God sends! Although hitting the cobbles for more money was definitely a better idea when things were good. Missed the boat?

sorry but this is just wrong how can earn extra money through overtime many drivers rely on over time to make there wage up with haulage rates being so low and starting to get lower

the wtd should be scarpped its fine for an office worker or wharehouse staff
but this industry cannot run on a 48 hr week tomany things go wrong

what about agency workers they rely on overtime extra shifts to make a living they are effectivly now on mimimum wage and cannot earn any extra money

i say scrap it and let us work the hours we want to work

i for one will make every effort to ignore it

legally of course :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

neil46:

legally of course :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

same as me, but to be honest ive got a very steady job hence why ive been on here for an hour while somebody else tips my container :smiling_imp: so we should be allowed opt out if we want to.