So If We Leave

As above really if we are lucky enough to get out of Europe will we be able to ditch the wtd as its a stupid pointless euro rule ?

So you want your employer to be able to demand you work all day until you hit your 4.5 hour driving time limit? :open_mouth:

rather hope sensible things like WTD might be modified and kept, its not 1963 any more, people shouldn’t have to work 80 hour weeks just to make ends meet.
Those capable of and want to work longer hours to earn big money always find a way round the rules, but its there to stop idiots like we have in the industry working two weeks worth of hours for one weeks pay yet thinking they’re doing well, they aint but some need protection from themselves.

I want to be able to do the ■■■■■■■ SPEED LIMIT ON THE MOTORWAY!

Evil8Beezle:
So you want your employer to be able to demand you work all day until you hit your 4.5 hour driving time limit? :open_mouth:

Firstly there’s no reason as to why domestic regs shouldn’t apply to ‘all’ ‘domestic’ operations if we leave.

In which case realistically no one is stupid enough to work a full shift without a decent break/s.While log books allow more breaks without the guvnor even knowing about it.Together with an effectively 12 hour total shift limit.

As opposed to 15 hour shifts all under the big brother control of the tacho. :unamused:

Juddian:
rather hope sensible things like WTD might be modified and kept, its not 1963 any more, people shouldn’t have to work 80 hour weeks just to make ends meet.
Those capable of and want to work longer hours to earn big money always find a way round the rules, but its there to stop idiots like we have in the industry working two weeks worth of hours for one weeks pay yet thinking they’re doing well, they aint but some need protection from themselves.

Considering it often the UK who have objected to social legislation, and been pro new countries joining, (we were only one of 3 countries who allowed the new members joining in 2004 to have free employment access straight away) I doubt you’ll see any new social legislation or any legislation that improves workers rights.

Carryfast:

Evil8Beezle:

Firstly there’s no reason as to why domestic regs shouldn’t apply to ‘all’ ‘domestic’ operations if we leave.

In which case realistically no one is stupid enough to work a full shift without a decent break/s.While log books allow more breaks without the guvnor even knowing about it.Together with an effectively 12 hour total shift limit.

As opposed to 15 hour shifts all under the big brother control of the tacho. :unamused:

But why would it happen when so many other Countries not in the EU run AETR regs and I doubt Drivers Hours Regulations would be very high up the agenda and if they are changed it will be in favour of the employer not the employee.

muckles:

Carryfast:

Evil8Beezle:

But why would it happen when so many other Countries not in the EU run AETR regs and I doubt Drivers Hours Regulations would be very high up the agenda and if they are changed it will be in favour of the employer not the employee.

Why would domestic regs not be the relevant regs for ‘domestic’ operations.Bearing in mind that all other hours regs here are by EU imposition and what purpose would AETR regs serve regards any operations that don’t leave the country ?.

As for any changes being changes ‘in favour’ of ‘the employers’.What could possibly be changed in that regard from the position of tachos and 15 hour shifts.

Carryfast:

muckles:

Carryfast:

Evil8Beezle:

Why would domestic regs not be the relevant regs for ‘domestic’ operations.Bearing in mind that all other hours regs here are by EU imposition and what purpose would AETR regs serve regards any operations that don’t leave the country ?.

As for any changes being changes ‘in favour’ of ‘the employers’.What could possibly be changed in that regard from the position of tachos and 15 hour shifts.

Didn’t say they weren’t, I said that it not high up the agenda, if on it at all. I haven’t seen anything from the Brexit campaign saying they are considering it, or from the FTA or RHA or Unions saying it’s something they’ll be lobbying for if we leave.

Evil8Beezle:

The wtd has never stopped that

One thing they could drop is the flawed DCPC the 35hrs every 5yrs is bs, as for WTD i have never bothered about that i work to the tacho regs, doesn’t mean i won’t have a break when i decide to have one, like if i’m hungry and near a good truck stop , then i’ll go and eat regardless , no need to be told by the eu

OVLOV JAY:

Evil8Beezle:

It was more aimed at the drivers who might do a full days work, but never get to 4.5hrs driving, so didn’t have legal right to a break.

muckles:
Didn’t say they weren’t, I said that it not high up the agenda, if on it at all. I haven’t seen anything from the Brexit campaign saying they are considering it, or from the FTA or RHA or Unions saying it’s something they’ll be lobbying for if we leave.

The unions being made up of their members the main one in this case being Unite.Unite obviously not going to push anything which goes against it’s stated pro EU position.In which case it’s only an issue which can be raised ‘after’ an out decision not before.

Which leaves the obvious question of what advantage does the Unite membership,let alone leadership,see in the

Possibility of cabotage restrictions being lifted.

Open door immigration,

An EU wage regime which tips the balance massively against the use of British workers in favour of cheaper East Euro,workers.Let alone the situation of open door immigration from Turkey.

Last but not least 15 hour shifts and strictly applied break times all enforced by tachos. :unamused:

muckles:

OVLOV JAY:

Evil8Beezle:

It was more aimed at the drivers who might do a full days work, but never get to 4.5hrs driving, so didn’t have legal right to a break.

lol i would like to see them try that with me, if i’m in need of a pit or ■■■■ stop it’s tough tittles I’m going

muckles:

OVLOV JAY:

Evil8Beezle:

It is possible to opt out of the WTD ?.While ‘if’ the EU was all for ‘workers rights’ it would obviously have applied a 6 hour duty limit within the drivers’ hours regs.In addition to minimum 12 hours daily rest period and an EU wide minimum wage which reflects the highest denominator.

muckles:

OVLOV JAY:

Evil8Beezle:

Correct, on pallet multi-drop I sometimes don’t hit 4.5 hours driving, but am still on the go constantly…

Just a interesting bit. There is an organisation called “38 degrees” which has been campaigning for lots of changes and alterations that the governmenent have had to accept over the last couple of years. Not usually concerned with drivers etc but is open to any one raising an issue which it then sends out to members who either support it or not, if it’s supported then they take it to parliament as a pressure group and so far have had quite a bit of success. Well worth getting on their e-mail list. it simply works by presenting petitions etc which generally number in thousands thereby getting the message to MP’s that there are lots of people watching them. They were one of the major campaigns against TTIP before it became common knowledge. Not perfect but a start!

If we vote ‘Leave’ those who only operate in the UK will comply with whichever rules our Government choose while those of us who travel to the EU will
have to comply with Uk rules and EU rules which will require EU travellers to have a CPC. I am voting OUT I like lots of rules.

There will be absolutely no changes to the tachograph/WTD rules.
No-one will reverse rules that have been put in place for safety reasons.

del949:
Just a interesting bit. There is an organisation called “38 degrees” which has been campaigning for lots of changes and alterations that the governmenent have had to accept over the last couple of years. Not usually concerned with drivers etc but is open to any one raising an issue which it then sends out to members who either support it or not, if it’s supported then they take it to parliament as a pressure group and so far have had quite a bit of success. Well worth getting on their e-mail list. it simply works by presenting petitions etc which generally number in thousands thereby getting the message to MP’s that there are lots of people watching them. They were one of the major campaigns against TTIP before it became common knowledge. Not perfect but a start!

The bigger question is how do you explain the opposite positions of ASLEF and RMT and Kate Hoey v Unite and Corbyn regards the bs issue of more workers’ rights if we stay in.Bearing in mind the the fact that pro EU Thatcher’s trade union ‘reforms’ and victory over the Miners was all under the watch of the EU.Unlike the Miners’ victory of 1972 in which flying pickets and secondary action was the deciding factor.

The fact is we’ve got Corbyn,Cameron and the CBI all on the same pro EU side and all by implication supporting TTIP. :unamused:

On that note what side is 38 degrees on in that argument ?.

Oh wait.13% leave,28% remain,52% neutral,2% don’t know and 4% stay out of the argument IE ‘neutral’. :unamused: