So If We Leave

If we leave and I hope we do what will happen to all the eastern european drivers over here. Will they go back as we would not be in EU. But it would stop others coming I think. So therefore EU won’t have the clout. If so companies would have to turn to native drivers and wages might rise again to a decent rate. Maybe I am wrong here thinking this.
As for making it hard for our trade I doubt if they will do so as we could retaliate and Germany eg has abillions of pounds of trade with us so would merkel throw the dummy out shoot herself in the foot and cause companies in Germany to collapse causing german unemployment. I doubt it. This is just scaremongering Look at the amount of foreign trucks on our roads daily they need our business we need theirs so we would all have to come to a deal.
I am no expert but I keep seeing this in my head am I having delusions at the thought of getting away from the gravy train for the faceless men in their ivory towers.

volvo2:
As for making it hard for our trade I doubt if they will do so as we could retaliate and Germany eg has abillions of pounds of trade with us so would merkel throw the dummy out shoot herself in the foot and cause companies in Germany to collapse causing german unemployment. I doubt it. This is just scaremongering Look at the amount of foreign trucks on our roads daily they need our business we need theirs so we would all have to come to a deal.
I am no expert but I keep seeing this in my head am I having delusions at the thought of getting away from the gravy train for the faceless men in their ivory towers.

The remainers keep banging on about the same bs that we’re a relatively small export market for the EU as a whole compared to others.While conveniently ignoring the disproportionate amount of that figure made up by UK imports of German products.While net trade deficit with the EU means net trade deficit with the EU regardless of how Cameron tries to make it look otherwise.While the majority of our exports don’t go the EU.

khdgsa:
There will be absolutely no changes to the tachograph/WTD rules.
No-one will reverse rules that have been put in place for safety reasons.

15 hour shifts and/or the tacho saying drive when the driver feels like taking a break = safety by in campaign logic. :unamused:

Carryfast:

khdgsa:
There will be absolutely no changes to the tachograph/WTD rules.
No-one will reverse rules that have been put in place for safety reasons.

15 hour shifts and/or the tacho saying drive when the driver feels like taking a break = safety by in campaign logic. :unamused:

Nobody in power or potentially in power is thinking about domestic regs, not even on their radar, and they’ll be a tonne of other stuff to sort out.

Even if they did you wouldn’t get log books back because the authorities like an electronic tachograph they can plug into their computer and it spits out when you’ve been a bad boy.

and with tracking systems being used by so many companies you’re not going to get a crafty break without the boss knowing anyway.

muckles:
you wouldn’t get log books back because the authorities like an electronic tachograph they can plug into their computer and it spits out when you’ve been a bad boy.

and with tracking systems being used by so many companies you’re not going to get a crafty break without the boss knowing anyway.

As I said ‘workers rights’ EU style means 15 hour shifts enforced by tachos etc.

Which at least shows up the bs contained in the Unions position of pro EU on the basis of so called ‘workers rights’ now.As opposed to the anti EU position and calling strikes regards use of tachos v log books in the 1970’s. :bulb: :unamused:

As for ‘thinking about’ domestic regs we’ve actually still got them in use regards exempt types.It’s just then a case of removing the EU directives which enforce their use within our own borders generally.

Carryfast:

muckles:
you wouldn’t get log books back because the authorities like an electronic tachograph they can plug into their computer and it spits out when you’ve been a bad boy.

calling strikes regards use of tachos v log books in the 1970’s. :bulb: :unamused:

That went well didn’t it?

muckles:
calling strikes regards use of tachos v log books in the 1970’s. :bulb: :unamused:

[/quote]
Exactly because they were trying the mission impossible of striking against the EU government not our own. :bulb: :unamused:

tommymanc:
I want to be able to do the [zb] SPEED LIMIT ON THE MOTORWAY!

You already can…Downhill :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Carryfast:

muckles:

Exactly because they were trying the mission impossible of striking against the EU government not our own. :bulb: :unamused:
[/quote]
And how long do you think we could have operated without them, when so many of our trucks were heading for Europe in the 80’s?

muckles:
And how long do you think we could have operated without them, when so many of our trucks were heading for Europe in the 80’s?

Operations subject to a national O licence obviously don’t fit the description of ‘heading for Europe’.Which is the definition of ‘domestic’. :bulb:

Carryfast:

muckles:

Operations subject to a national O licence obviously don’t fit the description of ‘heading for Europe’.Which is the definition of ‘domestic’. :bulb:

so if you have an international O’licence you run under EU regs and a national O’licence you run under domestic regs, what about a restricted licence?

muckles:
so if you have an international O’licence you run under EU regs and a national O’licence you run under domestic regs, what about a restricted licence?

It’s clear that if you’re running outside the national borders then it’s no longer a domestic subject to domestic laws operation whether restricted or international.

Having said that there’s obviously nothing stopping us from negotiating bi lateral agreements with foreign states regarding use of vehicles which comply with laws in their place of registration.In which case you could actually drive a US registered truck here without a tacho for temporary entry as part of an international journey.Which actually happens most years as part of the Corvette team’s Le Mans operation for one example.

Which ironically also even applies regards commercial freight journeys at least unilaterally in the case of using a US truck in Europe.But not vice versa regards DOT certification. :unamused:

Carryfast:

Evil8Beezle:
So you want your employer to be able to demand you work all day until you hit your 4.5 hour driving time limit? :open_mouth:

Firstly there’s no reason as to why domestic regs shouldn’t apply to ‘all’ ‘domestic’ operations if we leave.

In which case realistically no one is stupid enough to work a full shift without a decent break/s.While log books allow more breaks without the guvnor even knowing about it.Together with an effectively 12 hour total shift limit.

As opposed to 15 hour shifts all under the big brother control of the tacho. :unamused:

Effect 12 hour shift limit…eh? So you’re planning on rewriting the domestic rules too

OVLOV JAY:

Evil8Beezle:
So you want your employer to be able to demand you work all day until you hit your 4.5 hour driving time limit? :open_mouth:

The wtd has never stopped that

That was the point of it

Carryfast:

muckles:

As I said ‘workers rights’ EU style means 15 hour shifts enforced by tachos etc.

Which at least shows up the bs contained in the Unions position of pro EU on the basis of so called ‘workers rights’ now.As opposed to the anti EU position and calling strikes regards use of tachos v log books in the 1970’s. :bulb: :unamused:

As for ‘thinking about’ domestic regs we’ve actually still got them in use regards exempt types.It’s just then a case of removing the EU directives which enforce their use within our own borders generally.

You do know that you can do 15 hour shifts or even longer on domestic, don’t you?

You do know there’s no minimum rest on domestic, just adequate rest, don’t you?

You do know that there are no breaks required on domestic, don’t you?

You do know you can work 7 days a week, week in week out on domestic, don’t you?

Would have been so easy if whole of Europe had one single set of rules like in US. When I drove there the rules were like that: ín 24hrs period you are allowed - 14hrs work day, 10hrs. rest, no if’s or but’s. From the 14hrs - 4 were other work, 10 were driving. After 6 days of driving you must take minimum of 36 consecutive hours of rest.
Thats it, this rules were valid from Washington state to Florida and from California to Maine.
You did your brakes whenever you deemed necessary to.

Why cant we have one set of rules for the whole of Europe?

The silly WTD is one of the most stupid things to come out of eu . When it came into law after it had run for a year I sent a letter to one of the truck mags I asked what had all the drivers done with their new spare time had they perused that hobby or visited places they never found tine for since this :laughing:

Carryfast:

muckles:

It’s clear that if you’re running outside the national borders then it’s no longer a domestic subject to domestic laws operation whether restricted or international.

I know a lot of companies with International O’licences who hardly, if ever, run abroad, so what will they do, and what about my week, returned from Germany on Monday, due to delays I only got as far as Ashford, do next day I drive back to the Workshop, then on Wednesday I went back to Kent to collect a truck that had been repaired. So at what points do I run Domestic and what point AETR?

Dolph for Transport Minister!

I could get behind an idea like that. Even the terminally stupid could understand those rules. Sadly it will never happen :neutral_face:

Dolph:
Would have been so easy if whole of Europe had one single set of rules like in US. When I drove there the rules were like that: ín 24hrs period you are allowed - 14hrs work day, 10hrs. rest, no if’s or but’s. From the 14hrs - 4 were other work, 10 were driving. After 6 days of driving you must take minimum of 36 consecutive hours of rest.
Thats it, this rules were valid from Washington state to Florida and from California to Maine.
You did your brakes whenever you deemed necessary to.

Why cant we have one set of rules for the whole of Europe?

We could call them the EU rules and everything