Just passed cat c & cat c+e BUT CANT FIND WORK

Ive just passed both tests but seem to be having problems finding work as most companies will not take on new drivers. Is there anyone out there who can give me any advice or point me in the right direction. Many thanks

If you can’t find work at this time of year you must be doing something wrong…

There’s always someone who will give you a start, albeit agency or crap hauliers.

Contact all the agencies in your area, make a list of local firms and knock doors.

You’ll get many knock backs but don’t give up, it will come.

Ive tried a few local agencies near to me none of which will offer me lgv 2 work due to lack of experiance. I will keep trying though as i would love to get a job driving an artic in the future!! Thanks for the advice i will keep on trying!!

What area you in ?

Perhaps someone local can suggest where to try…

I live in shepperton middlesex near junction 1 of M3

Have you tried driver-hire ?

Driver Hire Twickenham
Vista Business Centre, 50 Salisbury Road,
Hounslow, Middlesex, TW4 6JQ.

T: 0208 5382795

Driver Hire Uxbridge
Vista Business Centre, 50 Salisbury Road,
Hounslow, Middlesex, TW4 6JQ.

T: 01895 271001

Thanks dparr59 i’ll give them a try

Give Driver Hire a call, they took me on 2 weeks after passing my class C.

Try this Number :- 01276 686999 or 01753 577177, and ask for Peter - Abacus Employment Services, Just 2 weeks after passing my Class 1 thay had me out working on a full time basis driving artics and i had 3 good years with them!! Before i moved to spain, i lived in chertsey and the feltham and they got plenty of work in slough and work just a short drive down the M3.

Or try Contract Options in Staines :- 01784 453444 - Used to be a few fellas on the same jobs as me that worked for them. Also Newly qualified! :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:

There are loads of jobs advertised in the village voice. Heathrows newspaper

What sort of work are you applying for!! Are you insisting on only Class 1 work??

Lots of agencies will take a new driver but often start them out on 7.5 tonners till they get a good idea of your driving.
Dont be too proud to take a smaller vehicle out. The pay is usually the same. If you sign on as a Class 1 driver you get Class 1 pay from many agencies regardless of the vehicle you are given to drive.

Lots of agencies will take a new driver but often start them out on 7.5 tonners till they get a good idea of your driving.
Dont be too proud to take a smaller vehicle out. The pay is usually the same. If you sign on as a Class 1 driver you get Class 1 pay from many agencies regardless of the vehicle you are given to drive.

Good advice :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:

When i first started i drove bin lorries the first couple of days (Had a good laugh actually) then i went on a regualar class 1 contract, but i still done the bin lorries when work was slack, cos it payed class 1 rate and most importantly the bills, also dont matter what your driving, its experiance :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:

Hi!I passed my test 4 months ago!I had the same problem as you!I was laughed at on the fone when i answerd the dreaded “How much experience have you got?” question.I thought id never get a job!I went out one day literaly knockin doors!I called in to a local skip hire company in the morning and they rang me that afternoon!I started and i love it!its not really what i had in mind but its getting me the experience that i need!Since ive been there ive heard quite a few drivers ringing up looking for a job.I think a more personal approach helped me deffo!For the first time ever i can say i enjoy my job!I was starting to get disheartend!Im glad i didnt give up!good luck buddy!