Jobs for new drivers?

Can anyone offer me assistance finding companies that will consider new LGV drivers?

I haven’t passed my C or C+E yet, however I just want to “put the feelers” out and send some emails and letters to propective employers.

Hopefully I will be starting my training in the next 2 to 3 weeks, so if all goes well I should have both my class licences within a few months at the most (Hopefully!)

I have sent several emails already but I’m sure that there is someone out there that knows a hell of a lot more than I ever will!

I am based in Barnsley, South Yorkshire but willing to travel out a few miles if I have to.

Cheers

Paul

Hi good luck with your training I passed my C 2 years ago and found it very difficult to get a start so I took the plunge and went in for the C+E and it made a difference I went back to agencies that i had applied to previously with C licence and got refused, this time they were falling over backwards to help me get a start once I had the C+E I am registered with two agencies now both offering further training and so far in the past month I have been very busy although 75% of work i have done is cat C its all good learning.
So my advice is go to the agencies be straight with them and dont be afraid to ask for training as at the end of the day they earn from you working so its in there interest to help you

Dont know if they will take you seriously untill you get a pass though! but if your out of work they may give you a start on a van job

Thanks for that Equalizer.

I thought they might not take me seriously but I was reckoning on just getting my foot in the door…maybe not the right thing to do just yet.

I’m still working at the moment so no real emergency, as soon as I get my C though I’ll be applying for jobs, anything will do as long as the money is decent, cos if I don’t get out of my current job I think I’ll go mad!!!

Got my medical this saturday morning at L+T in Pontefract, West Yorks. £105 for medical, licence (I have the old paper type) assesment lesson, theory and hazard perception, oh and a book about theory test.

Not a bad price me thinks as my own doc wants £80 just for medical!

Cheers

It’s not only haulage firms who use HGV’s. A lot of the companies I use to work for were involved in non haulage work & a lot of them took on new drivers.
So don’t just look at haulage & agencies, look around for companies that use HGV’s.
I have just had my post 45 medical, (to get my licence back after a break from driving) & a local recovery company is keen to talk to me & that has more to do with the licence I hold than experience.
Oh & good luck with the test.

WATCH OUT FOR SOME RECOVERY COMPANYS THERE CAN BE MORE TO IT THAN FIRST MEETS THE EYE I HAD INTERVIEW GOT THE JOB THEN FOUND OUT THEY WANTED ME TO DO RECOVERY JOBS WITHOUT TACHO AS IT IS NOT REQUIRED WHEN RECOVERING AND THEN DO DELIVERY JOBS AS WELL AVERAG 90 HOUR WEEK AND THE PAY WAS REALLY POOR DONT SAY I NEVER TOLD YOU

Will bear that in mind thanks.