John Vasey

having spoken to the man himself (zebadee) i was wondering if any of you have any info on his case or anything about it such as photos from peterboro, old posts on here etc

what do you want with his photos :confused:

Jen:
what do you want with his photos :confused:

proberley for one of his websites.

Yes, there are many posts on the John Vasey case on TruckNet, if you do an internal search you should find many posts from the time.

it aint for a website alex its for something else im working on

why you not pm him self mate :wink:

Alix/Jen, I’ve spoken to Hutchie about this & given him my blessing. He’s got some stuff from me but was wondering if any members here had anything else so he’s posted his request.

Thanks for the obvious concern though you guys, I’m very touched :smiley:

Alex :question:

its jen self :laughing:

Jen:
Alex :question:

its jen self :laughing:

Sorry sweetheart ■■ :laughing: :smiley: :laughing: :smiley:

Angie (John’s sister) pointed me in the way of this post as I was there when the phone call was received, (sory Ang, lol).

What sort of stuff were you interested in Hutchie, I have no photo’s or anything if that’s what you’re wanting

Hutchie… I may have some photo’s I certainly have some memories from the first approach from Johns family for help, to sitting helpless on the TruckNet UK Peterborough stand as it was was transformed into the start of the free John Vasey campaign (the buggers fed me whiskey to ensure i wouldnt notice :slight_smile: ) all the way through to the celebration party when he came home.

I dont think I am understating anything by saying that the whole situation changed all of our lives forever. My children call Johns parents Granma and Grandad and often go to Newcastle and spend time with the Vasey family. Johns sister - Animal is a regular and welcome visitor to our house. Johns neice actually lives with us and helps out with looking after the kids, and John himself has always been a good friend and i know I only got to call if i needed his help.

It was a dark time and at times we all felt we were hitting a brick wall, but there were many from the TruckNet membership who gave up their time at the shows to push the campaign forward ( I cant name them ,because there were so many, and if I tried to name them all and forgot one or two that would be so unfair- but they know who they are and what they did).

The only two people I would single out as steadfast in the fight are Johns parents, Ken and Mary, those are the two that fought the real fight, as Johns parents they know that John is no angel ( I am sure he himself will admit this) but this was a complete and utter miscarriage of any sort of true justice and they fought tooth and nail against it. if you need to get the complete story, Ken and Mary is who you need to talk too

Hutch already has everything that I can remember about Justice for Drivers

Thanks to all that were involved in this as Rikki says far to many to mention & I would forget some of them you know who you are & what you done wether it be behind the scenes or at the truck shows ect

Thanks to Sprinter ( Iain Higgins ) for putting it on here 1st
Thanks to Rikki for all the help support he gave ( as he said we took over his stand at peterbourgh sorry )
Thanks to Samb for being a rock to my Dad ( keelman ) the day John was released

there has been some very good friendships to come out of this

but a special thanks to all involved as we couldnt have done it without your help & support, there was a lot of laughter as well as tears in the process