Let`s see

Now that the cause celeb in home lets see if this forum is so keen to bang on about UK drivers in overseas jails.First guess is that it will give lip service to the cause,the only drivers case they( and maybe Im wrong but dout it)promoted and ok maybe he his innocent is well known,I await future campaignes on behalf of other drivers not so lucky to have a web site on thier side. :neutral_face:

campaignes on behalf of other driver`s not so lucky to have a web site on thier side

There has never been a “John Vasey” forum on this site… the Blue Ribbon forum has always been for ALLDrivers held unfairly overseas, It is open for use by family and freinds of drivers to raise awareness of their cases, and to raise awareness amongst all Euro Drivers of the dangers.

This site last year(before most other sites took an active interest in this problem) worked alongside Fair Trials Abroad to produce information for driverson-line (Look for the fair Trials Abroad banner advert on this site). Again for ALL drivers travelling or held abroad.

Having spoken to the Vaseys on many occassions I know that now John is home, the emphasis af that family will be on those who arent getting the needed publicity

Hope this clarifies things for you

the only drivers case they( and maybe Im wrong but dout it)promoted is well known,

David Wilson… posted on forums 2003
Terence O’Conner… posted 2003
David Stevenson… Posted March 2003
Patrick Kennedy… posted 23rd March 2003
Stewart Guy… posted March 2003

Also Sue Andrews, the wife of Tim Andrews was the moderator of the forum for a time,… We also Support Danneke in her Drivers helpline which has assisted many drivers and families who may not want their plight publicised

We can only put up information sent to us… we have NO desire to publicise any case that the family members do not want advertised…

Drivers imprisoned abroad is something I am very interested in!

This site is the reason for my interest! yes John was the main driver I noticed …but that is because of his Mam & Dad, Angela and others (including quite a few who post on here) was very pro active and they were in a small way involved in transport so knew where to look and advertise Johns plight!

lots of other drivers who are imprisoned abroad have wifes and families who have no idea where to turn so they are a little bit behind.

I have spoke to Johns Mam & Dad as well as Angela, John’s sister, they have no intention to give up the campaign to free drivers abroad.

I have also spoke to Rikki and I know his opinion I also know he is very pro-Active when it comes to Truckers especialy ones who need help!

long may it continue!

Fair Trials Abroad have a very intersting web site maybe all visitors here should benchmark it and visit it once in a while maybe do as much as the Vaseys and the owners of TrucknetUK and dig deep for all drivers abroad!

I accept that John was one of the more famous drivers in jail overseas, but his words once he got home were to the tune of, “OK, I’m out, now lets get the others out”.
This site and other sites were very pro-active in campaigning and twisting signatures out of people, I got quite a few myself, and was amazed at some peoples attitudes in not wanting to sign a petition.
These are fellow truck drivers, and we should support them in anyway, shape or form we can.
I can see this forum and website continuing to bang on as loud as possible until ALL our fellow drivers are freed, and there are other websites doing the same.
What we, as individuals, can do may not be very much, but get us all together and we should be able to make a good bit of noise.

"All for one, one for all " (apologies 3 muskateers).

ANY publicity is GOOD publicity in this situation.

After all, do we get foreign newspapers on our doorstep to read of U.K.truckers in trouble every day?

It is only sites like this,with support and suggestions that can help.

Think carefully boys and girls - one day it may happen to you.

Letter in my local paper:

thisisgrimsby.co.uk/displayN … K=10013414