Job Advice Please

Does anyone know of any firms in Southampton or Portsmouth that would consider a newly qualified class one driver.
Been driving rigids for almost a year would that make any difference when applying for a class one job.

most company’s require you to have at least two years driving class one+ be over 25 for insurance purposes, what about the company that you have been driving rigid’s for just know? would they not let you do class one or even second man?. what about going down southampton dock’s and speak to a couple of company’s down there being a main container base. they won’t laugh at you as it take’s gut’s to ask for class one work with no experiance, i know it took me 3years to get the chance now i have been doing it for nearly 4 years now.even on your travel’s in the rigid ask the company’s if they are looking for class one driver’s or even driver’s mate,mayby you know some sub contractor’s ask them if they would mind you going out with them on your own time just for the experiance it all help’s. good luck and don’t give up :wink:

The company I have been working for (Brakes) is only class2.
I have been going out with a mate of mine helping him hitching unhitching that sort of thing, does that count towards some experiance.

yes it help’s but you need to do the driving especially the reverse

Hanbury Davies take on new drivers, they run out of southampton (marchwood ind estate) all new nice trucks, goodish money, most likely to be out all week tho if thats what you want.
They seemed a good firm to work for from my short experience with them, and id only just passed my test and they took me on.
www.hanburydavies.co.uk