New Class 2 driver

Morning all,

I’m 25 and passed my class 2 lisence last week first time. I’m completing my CPC next week but I’m struggling to find any work. 99% of companies require 2 years experience etc. I’m based in Southampton and have a clean lisence.

Can anyone recommend any companies that may take me on?

Thanks in advance

Not sure on companies as I’m at the other end of the country. A lot will advise you to go with agencies but there are a few companies that take on newbies if you’re enthusiastic, well presented and eager to learn.

Well done with the pass though and good luck with the CPC. :smiley:

P&H or brakes brothers are usually a good bet

Do you have any Jewson / Graham’s yards down your way. They take newly qualified’s. I have done work for a several yards around Yorkshire and they’ve all been decent.

730 starts and usually done around 4/430pm.

lamberts where willing to take me on with no experience but i found a 7.5t job closer to home im not far away from southampton

I’m newly qualified and just started at Hermes full time position through them 80 hours every 2 weeks anything over classed as overtime £10 an hour. They said they don’t tend to take on newly qualified but I impressed at the interview so gave me a chance.

PM sent! :wink:

Get on the tippers mate

Always looking for drivers

Usually have to do a couple of days unpaid training but after that it’s easy , much better than multi drop and good laugh if you get with a good bunch of drivers :smiley: