new at class 1

Hi,

Can anyone help please. I have a class2 licence which i have held for nearly 20 years however i havent driven class2 for about 4 years now. I am thinking of doing my class 1 and wondered if anyone new of any companies that are willing to take new passers. Im based in Weymouth but am willing to relocate preferably to the Sussex/Kent area.i would be looking for away Monday to Friday work at first then i want to go on to Euro work.
any help much appreciated

Ta.
Simon

Why am I always the bad one?

I think you know yourself that the chances are around 1% especially that your not even 20, forget 21.

Your best bet will be an agency, most likely on C2 until they really need a C1 driver and they will turn a blind eye. If you get on well with that, they will give you a little more C1 work (Normally).

Your best bet would be an agency in all honesty, but as for euro/tramping work I would well and truly put that out the window for a good few years.

Even if a company offered it to you on a plate, id strongly suggest that you say no. Euro work is a totally different ball game. I’d even give it a loose comparison to your ice road truckers v’s driving for tesco.

Sorry, but it’s just how this industry seems to work and your best bet really is an agency at your age and experience.

Good luck!

He’s not nearly twenty, he’s had his rigid for nearly 20 years.

Just go for it, whats the worst that could happen. It can be difficult getting your first artic job but everybody’s had to do it

go for it mate, as said, whats the worse that could happen?
Yeah its tough finding that first job but persistence is the key! Never give up the hunt, send out letters, cv, phonecalls…anything you can think of. I did it and then gave it a couple of months and did it all again, even to the places i’d sent my details to or not heard from. :sunglasses:

you mean Class 1 as C1 is 7.5t … get your Class 1 then apply there are a few companies in Dover area that do europe regular

Good Luck