Advice please

hi folks… looking for some advice please

I passed my C2 start of December and have everything ready to go… i’ve had absolutely no luck with any jobs at all (agency or firms - local or within an hours travel) and it’s starting to feel like a waste of money for something i was so excited about… is it going to be worth shelling out another £1400 to get my class 1 license? I’m currently ona £26k a year in a 37.5 hr/week office job, so some may say i’m mad, but sitting looking at the same 4 walls all week isn’t for me but i’m not super desperate to leave!

am i much more likely to get an opportunity if i do have full entitlement on my little pink bible?

based in N Lincs and the class 1 firms seem to massively outweigh the class 2 firms (numbers wise)…

thanks in advance

With the greatest respect, I believe you’ve answered your own question!

the class 1 firms seem to massively outweigh the class 2 firms (numbers wise)…

Remember our Open Day offers available tomorrow morning and all day Monday.

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

I’m in a different area to you but agency work has dropped off a cliff around here
I was offered just 1 shift next week. Instead I’ve asked for next week to be marked for holiday pay instead.
This week I’ve had 3 shifts
Last week, 5 shifts,
Week previous to that 3 shifts
In comparison October to end of December were 5 and 6 day shifts a week and previous to that were averaging 5 shifts a week
It should generally pick up around early March time with a bit of luck

If you have a stable income now, I wouldn’t leave before April in my opinion

Yes, Jan and Feb are the worst, along with ourselves, both my subbies are just ticking along this month.

You only need to drive around a bit and see Class 1 outnumbers 2 by quite a margin.

It’s always a struggle when you start out as a newbie. As Hyh says, April will see you better placed to get something.

Hyh:
If you have a stable income now, I wouldn’t leave before April in my opinion

Mebbe I’m just a pessimist, but THIS every time. Don’t leave a half decent paying job for the unemployment queue until you have a definite start somewhere else.

I am in South Linc’s but went straight to class 1 due to the lack of class 2 opportunities around here.

As others have said get something permanent lined up (class 1 or 2) before you pack a decent job in