Wanted: Class 2 Euro work

Bit of a long shot but you never know unless you ask :laughing:

Basically I’ve been told today that my lorry’s going back on the 1st of feb and I’ll more than likely be going on a 3 or 4 day week on the van. My current terms and conditions are excellent and I was hoping to stay with this employer but after seeing our 3rd driver being made redundant yesterday have decided to persue my goal of working in Europe again. I speak fluent French and Spanish and have lived in both countries as well as working as a driver in Spain. I have an excellent working geographical knowledge of both countries as well as toll systems and driving laws etc. I also speak German to roughly A level standard.

In my present job I have been responsible for routing our 3 vehicles nationwide so am able to organize my workload efficiently and effectively. I am very tidy and presentable and my current truck is immaculately kept.
Time away would be no problem as I`m young and single and have no ties. I would be willing to travel/relocate for the right package.

I can be contacted by email: andysmini@hotmail.com

Cheers,
Andrew

I’d say you’re mostly looking at removals firms, I don’t see many rigids in the export lanes at Dover. You would be increasing your chances massively if you upgraded your licence although it’s still difficult to find any euro work at the mo.

Good luck whatever…others will no doubt have some suggestions, possibly of specific firms doing class 2 export work.

Thanks Harry, I forgot to mention that in my post :blush:

I´ll be doing my Class 1 hopefully within the next two months :smiley: I´ve been driving fully freighted artics albeit on the steelworks road system/industrial estates since I was 17 so hopefully I´ll be in with a starting chance.

if you’ve worked as a driver in spain and you’re single why move back to the uk in the first place?
i’m afraid now you’ve missed the boat as the only new drivers being taken on now over here are romanians and bulgarians regardless of experience it’s simply down to price :angry:
i think if you look at the posts in the newbie section you’ll see plenty of drivers who’ve taken their class1 but are stuck in a catch 22 situation with no experience and chance of building any but if an employer were to consider your drives around the steelworks you may be in with a chance but you very rarely see class2 trucks doing continental as its not really economical
sorry to sound negative but it’s a hard world and there’s no point beating around the bush

Good luck with the test, if you pass you might want to try Skint & Knackered at Barry Island, they seem to do quite a bit and to have been expanding lately.

Harry Monk:
Good luck with the test, if you pass you might want to try Skint & Knackered at Barry Island, they seem to do quite a bit and to have been expanding lately.

harry you must know better than to call it barry island :smiley: :smiley: think you’ve been watching too much gavin and stacey :laughing: :laughing:

Harry Monk:

S&K’s are on my list of people to contact, I’ve got some holidays due before the end of March so hopefully I’ll be able to take the test then and start looking.

I don’t expect it to be an easy ride getting a start but at least I’m already in employment whilst I’m looking.

Try On Time, they have some rigids on European work, and you could then move up to their larger trucks after passing your test

Passed my Class 1 first attempt today, so I’m still on the lookout for an opportunity if anybody knows of anything.

Cheers,
Andrew

Wouldnt bother with s and k. My mate went to see them last week, but they have nothing going. They also expect experience doing Europe, and two years class 1 experience.

So unless Neal and David have got desperate in the last couple of weeks you might struggle with them.