job ad in MCN

driver needed to deliver motorhomes to race courses in Europe
clean licence required and away from home lots
saw it near the back in this weeks mag

good morning guys,

firstly, new to forum so HELLO!

the ad you’ve seen is working for a co in west yorkshire - i worked doing that job in 2005.
theres more to it than just delivering the motorhomes! setting up cleaning etc.

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: Welcome Spurry :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

FAQ forum for info on Posting Pics, Driver CPC and much more…

cheers rog,

seems like a great community you got going here

hitch - could you type up the ad onto the site please mate??

Thanks

Jon

Hi Spurry, welcome to the forum sure you will enjoy it on here :wink: Would it be possible to PM me with some info on what the job entailed when you did it in 2005. Would really appreciate some extra inside knowledge, Thanks.

Jon, ‘hitch’ same request as ‘garnerlives’ I’ve checked out the online version of MCN but can’t find the ad;

Thanks and Regards
Dave Penn;

sorry about late response
but i cant i saw it in friends MCN
when i went out for jolly in truck

I agree with Spurry, (PS Welcome to Trucknet :smiley: )

I know the blokes who run several of the F1 motorhomes and they take them from circuit to circuit. set them up, clean them inside and out maintain them. They also run errands for the driver such as shopping, picking people up from the airport, getting poeple to the track.
They tidy up after the driver and even do barbecues for them when the driver decides to invite his team round for dinner.
Good night that :laughing:

Saying that if you don’t mind a bit of hard work and you get a decent Driver, Rider to work for. They will look after you as much as you look after them and you get to use the facilities when the driver isn’t there.

muckles:
I agree with Spurry, (PS Welcome to Trucknet :smiley: )

I know the blokes who run several of the F1 motorhomes and they take them from circuit to circuit. set them up, clean them inside and out maintain them. They also run errands for the driver such as shopping, picking people up from the airport, getting poeple to the track.
They tidy up after the driver and even do barbecues for them when the driver decides to invite his team round for dinner.
Good night that :laughing:

Saying that if you don’t mind a bit of hard work and you get a decent Driver, Rider to work for. They will look after you as much as you look after them and you get to use the facilities when the driver isn’t there.

So you don’t need some moody Spaniard like Sete Gibernau or Dani Pedrosa then. :smiley:

for paddock excitement look know further than a certain John Hopkins – think i’ll leave that one there ? !

hi guys, the job advertised in the mcn, gets put in now and again, its working for a couple called bill and candy harrison,(motorhomes for motorsports) out of castleford, they do 5th wheel american motorhomes, pulled by an american 4x4 and two atego’s with 5th wheels fitted, (or it was in 2005/6) they did moto gp and wsb, not sure about now, i did 2 races for them but had to come back early due to my pops passing away, but here goes: met up sat am in cas vegas, travelled down to calais and o/nighted there, sunday morning, set out for mugello, arriving tuesday pm. basic o/night set up, early wed morning pull into paddock and do full set up of motorhomes including a FULL, AND I MEAN FULL clean down and polish of EVERYTHING, riders arrive wed pm, then pull units and 4x4 into truck park and basically, watch world go by (on the back of the two atego’s they had a grp box with full size bunkbeds and chest of drawers) for thurs, fri, sat and sun am your free to do as u please cos u have pass for full track, everywhere except the pits, sunday night basic pack up unless rider is hanging back till monday departure then full breakdown monday, down to ferry in italy accross to barcelona, into barca tues and repeat above, i set up tues and wed in barca then flew home, but the others were doing that then parking up for a week at the beach before heading up to holland for dutch tt as it was cheaper to pay the lads for a week in the sun than to run up, home then accross to holland, the cleaning is hard work as it has to be spotless, but they were a great couple to work for, relly looked after you, money was £300in your bank, BUT it was good craic, not for everyone, but if like me you were a moto gp nut with no debt, then good times, hope this helps, mj

Thanks MJ for this bit of ‘insider info’ it really helps when you don’t how this sort of gig works and somebody can give you an idea of what it entails,
great stuff :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :wink:
Thanks M8
Regards
Dave Penn;