Brian Yeardley are hiring

Saw this on FB

We are Hiring - Due to new truck arrivals on the 3rd of June we have the following driving opportunity to join our team, . We are looking for two hard working conscientious client freindly drivers to join our team on full time status working contracts(paid 52 weeks of the year) with good rates of pay nights out holiday pay & a 5% state pension contributions paid by the company. Wages are paid weekly every Friday into your bank including expenses , drivers are also covered by our company private driver Medicare while working abroard . The work the drivers will be asked to do will be music touring & corporate events in the UK & Europe & beyond then dropping onto our European General Cargo when things quieten off (which is not very often these days !) driving one of our 40 ton trucks (CE Licence needed & must be held for a minimum of three years ) THESE TRUCKS ARE RIGHT HAND DRIVE TRUCKS . please e-mail ONLY your CV to kevin.hopper@brianyeardley.com SORRY NO TELEPHONE CALLS PLEASE …

WE ARE ALSO LOOKING FOR A DRIVER TO DRIVE A 6x2 CLASS CE TRUCK FOR FOUR MONTHS JUNE ,JULY ,AUGUST UNTIL THE END OF SEPTEMBER TO MOVE STAGE AND BAR TRAILERS AROUND FESTIVAL SITES THROUGHOUT THE UK , LEADING TO A FULL TIME JOB IF THE DRIVER WANTED AT THE END OF THE FOUR MONTH PERIOD . please e-mail kevin.hopper@brianyeardley.com

Kevin’s inbox will be inundated today :laughing:

To me the job sounds ok in the advert.
Be better than delivering building supplies around the country. And would get me away from London.
But like any job adds why cant they mention the pay.
Instead of saying comparative etc.
As im.guessing the pay is a bit on the low side

When Brexit first kicked off a spokesman for BY declared on TV news they where reducing their European commitments

peirre:
When Brexit first kicked off a spokesman for BY declared on TV news they where reducing their European commitments

I think BY are doing less general haulage into Europe … they are however now getting “big” into the event haulage work.
Not sure how true … but heard on the grapevine that they have been very “competitive” in pricing for work :wink:

There you go Carry me old mate, the perfect job, get in there son :wink:

Juddian:
There you go Carry me old mate, the perfect job, get in there son :wink:

[emoji5]

Sent from my SM-G361F using Tapatalk

edd1974:
Be better than delivering building supplies around the country. And would get me away from London.

Stick with the block grab mate.

edd1974:

You will still get plenty of central London and other city centers. :slight_smile:

The Rustler:

peirre:

I think BY are doing less general haulage into Europe … they are however now getting “big” into the event haulage work.
Not sure how true … but heard on the grapevine that they have been very “competitive” in pricing for work :wink:

Also hear the wages are competitive :imp:

eurotrans:

The Rustler:

peirre:

Also hear the wages are competitive :imp:

There’s a lot of hear say :wink:

Seems they’re in need of someone with LHD experience to fly out to Austria ASAP and double man for the next two weeks

CAN ANYONE HELP! We have a music tour just gone up by another truck late last night & we need a double driver to fly to Vienna Austria tomorrow (Saturday the 1st of June from the nearest airport to you) stay in a hotel Saturday & Sunday night in Vienna then double drive for two weeks on the tour then fly home . LEFT HAND DRIVE DRIVING EXPERIENCE NEEDED (and please no dreamers) - You will be put in a hotel throughout the tour no double sleeping in trucks , recieve good pay per day plus night out money and all trip expenses covered (paid weekly into your bank every am friday without fail. please forward e-mails to glenn.savage@brianyeardley.com

I’m guessing someone has jacked and walked off the job

peirre:
Seems they’re in need of someone with LHD experience to fly out to Austria ASAP and double man for the next two weeks

CAN ANYONE HELP! We have a music tour just gone up by another truck late last night & we need a double driver to fly to Vienna Austria tomorrow (Saturday the 1st of June from the nearest airport to you) stay in a hotel Saturday & Sunday night in Vienna then double drive for two weeks on the tour then fly home . LEFT HAND DRIVE DRIVING EXPERIENCE NEEDED (and please no dreamers) - You will be put in a hotel throughout the tour no double sleeping in trucks , recieve good pay per day plus night out money and all trip expenses covered (paid weekly into your bank every am friday without fail. please forward e-mails to glenn.savage@brianyeardley.com

Could be a good guess, there.
Wonder what the other driver is like? Two weeks sat next to a bore wouldn’t do for me. And most drivers with LHD experience are not going to be desperate to get their feet under the table at any cost.
But if the vacancy is due to a medical issue or summat, it could be a chance for someone who has a bag already packed.
Worth a punt of you’re sat home twiddling your thumbs.

Went to see The Specials recently at Newcastle, and BY had 1 truck on that tour.

Ken.

Franglais:

peirre:

Could be a good guess, there.
Wonder what the other driver is like? Two weeks sat next to a bore wouldn’t do for me. And most drivers with LHD experience are not going to be desperate to get their feet under the table at any cost.
But if the vacancy is due to a medical issue or summat, it could be a chance for someone who has a bag already packed.
Worth a punt of you’re sat home twiddling your thumbs.

The other driver may be a nice lad, but knowing my luck he’d be as boring as ■■■■, have rotting feet, flatulence and terminal b.o.
Stuck with somebody I don’t know in …(to use the dayman’s favourite phrase …''a tin box") for a couple of weeks, and whos driving could scare the crap out of me (imagine if it was some mad ■■■ who drove it like a sports car ?..err thanks but no thanks, I enjoy my own company too much.

peirre:

Bloody hell !! Just agreed to work a couple of days for somebody else next week. 25 years driving LHD. In fact I haven’t driven anything RHD for over 25 years.
Could kick myself…

According to some google reviews, they are all flash and no cash. An ex driver says it is £70 a day and you can max out regularly, so he says it works out at £4 something an hour. Also says the MD is a bully amongst other names. As i’m not on Fakebook, i am unable to read the 100+ comments to the job advert. I am interested as to what they say.

ArcticMonkey:
According to some google reviews, they are all flash and no cash. An ex driver says it is £70 a day and you can max out regularly, so he says it works out at £4 something an hour. Also says the MD is a bully amongst other names. As i’m not on Fakebook, i am unable to read the 100+ comments to the job advert. I am interested as to what they say.

Yeh yeh, but you get to drive a left ■■■■■■ Superdoopergiggatrotter, and maybe with spot lamps…where do I sign up. :sunglasses:

Loved the bit that said ‘‘No dreamers’’ :laughing: , don’t know about some of you but my dreams are a bit more ambitious and adventurous,.and certainly don’t involve a ■■■■ truck. :unamused:

they still do a fair bit of adr work i one ofthe drivers who does it regular all over europe.he also does the event stuff to.hes away a lot home every few weeks.if ur single it be a good gig to get on and see some good bands.