James Latham from Tottenham

Has anybody got any pictures of the trucks from the mid 70s, they had old seddons with the gardner 180s in them.
SMc

I may have a pic of an ex Latham motor, CMM 349V it was a day cab 400 Sed-Akti 180 Gardener with a back to front 6spd david brown box & 2spd axle, it was deffo one of theirs but dont know if it was a Tottenham motor.

That would be great if you can put that on. Thats the era I know a bit of.
I do remeber the great canteen at Totenham, really cheap.

Deepinvet:
That would be great if you can put that on. Thats the era I know a bit of.
I do remeber the great canteen at Totenham, really cheap.

I’ll have a rummage around in the loft & then see if I can manage to post a pic, funny but I find it hard to look back at my time driving that lorry with anything approaching nostalgia, it was a relief to get to a delivery/collection & do my ropes & sheets, even in the ■■■■■■■ rain because it was that bad a lorry to drive, noisy, bouncy & SLOW.

I moaned about it on a daily basis & did everything I could to blow it up but you cant kill a Gardener, I did get it to spin backwards when I almost stalled it & dipped the clutch & gave it a bootfull of revs, it went mad, blowing thick blue smoke through the air filter behind the cab, I let the clutch up again & went hurtling backwards! Like an idiot I stalled it before it self destructed :smiling_imp: