Old Truck dealers

Well ladies and gentlemen, we have had discussions on vehicles, manufacturers, engines trucks stops, drivers and many companies, however I dont recollect seeing any discussions on old truck dealers.

So here’s an opportunity to put things right - any memories, recollections, gossip (sorry moderators!!) and most of all pictures, of those businesses that supplied us with our means to transport all the various loads we carried ,

I am looking forward to the many stories and images that the assembled collective have, and to making this topic to be compared in the same light as Scrapbook Memories!!!

Bring it on!!!

Ed

A few names to help the thread get started,Malc Woodhouse Snr.,Ken Miller,John Charlton,Tony Walker,J.W.Ratcliffe, Trevor Ratcliffe,Wilf Mathewman,Malcolm Harrison,John Fernihough,Chris Kelly,Joe Woodhouse,Ian Fowler,George Graham and Maurice Graham and others I can’t just put a name to,the old brain cell is struggling to recall a number of other “characters” !! Cheers Bewick.

HI
all the dealers i can remember visiting were from the 70’s …
Brocholes Ford, in Huddersfield
Tate Trucks, Ford, in Leeds
CD Bramall, Ford , in Bradford
Kirby Central, Bedford, South Anston
TC Harrison, Ford, Sheffield
There’s loads i can visualize, but cant put names to :question: :question:
My favorite Dealers was on my doorstep, Isles of Stanningley, which became Hargreaves Leyland, and is now Chatfields DAF.
Back in the 70’s when it was Hargreaves, I remember there open day’s in summer, all the Leyland and Scammell show trucks used to turn up, I remember seeing a middle east spec Marathon Special at one of these open days, I also remember there yard was always full of new Leylands, Scammells, Guys etc, of all types, Happy days, business must have been good back then :smiley:

I thought the request was for info on the “true” dealers in various qualities of mainly secondhand motors and not Franchised dealers ! Oh! well,Eden Commercial Services Carlisle, J.W. Graham Bass Lake,Graham Commercials Carlisle,Mckenzie Motors Carlisle ,Scotts of Penrith,Hudson Engineers Sandside,J. Douthwaite and Son Milnthorpe,Barton Townley Lancaster,Atkinsons of Lancaster,Skipper of Kendal,TGB Motors,Cicely Commercials,Walton Summit Iveco,Hardman Bros.,B&W Motors,Haydock Commercials,Beeches Garage Hanley,Don Everall,Keltruck,Morville Trucks,Scanlink,George Garage Crick,Scantruck(tossers), Western Trucks.