Its not brain surgery!

:open_mouth: :open_mouth: :frowning:
Having not been well for a few weeks I gave the agency driving a miss and spent some time at home,

Last week I gave my favourite agency a call and said I can go back working 3 days a week, but was no longer able to do ā€œSteelā€ or Flat work, and could they ensure Curtainside/box workā€¦ Not a problem!!! was the hearty replyā€¦

On Friday I get a callā€¦ could I do a full week for a certain compnay based at Potto( Normally I worked for their subsidary in stockton on Steel) so I guessed they had remembered and sent to to the parent company who also run Tautlinersā€¦BUTā€¦ just to be sure I asked wether it ws curtainside workā€¦ and the answer was a Hearty ā€œOh Yesā€

So I turn up at said company this AM ā€¦ to be told to collect a trailer from Lackenby Steelworks for Rossendale, Now, idiot I am, (and having actually worked directly for this company in the past, therefore I know most of the traffic lads and office manager) I didnt want to let them down, or make the agency look bad.

I set off , collected the trailer and en-route to Rossendale spoke to the agencyā€¦ agancy apologised and said they would sort it outā€¦ Having tipped the trailer I ran empty back to Teesside and dropped the trailer back at the steel works, Phoning in to the certain company in Potto I was told" As you cant do steel come back here empty, on arrival; back was told to hand the time sheet in and go homeā€¦ the weeks work was no longer there as I couldnt do steeel (This particular Company has 100ā€™s of curtainsiders and a little juggling of drivers to keep me off steel is not beyond their ability by any means.

I am then told that the agency has arranged another driver to replace meā€¦ but the agency has NO work for me

So through NO fault of mine, I have only one days pay this week instead of 5, the agency have another driver in so they are getting paid for the whole week, the company have a driver in to cover the work.

So today i put my health at risk to a small degreeto keep everyone happy. and I am the only bugger to lose out by itā€¦

Not a happy little trucker at the moment :smiling_imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp:

:neutral_face:
saying nowt me!! :unamused: :unamused:

Thecritic:
:expressionless:
saying nowt me!! :unamused: :unamused:

Now if I could only remember who reccomended that particular agency to meā– ā– ? :imp: :imp: :imp: :smiling_imp: :unamused: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

one will learn by oneā€™s mistakes :laughing: :laughing:

I think the problem is they see drivers as numbers on the balance sheet, like the trucks only cheaper. To many companies work this way and then wonder why thereā€™s a driver shortage.

Looks to me Rikki, you have got a muppet agency there.

when they next need you stuff them i now its not professional but ive herd all the promises we will keep you working after xmas ect.
if they said taughts i would stand my ground and drive that or nothing i hate being lied to 7 years with 5 aganceys,ive only walked of site twice.
1 no brakes on truck
2 more dropes than santer in a truck that had seen better days,and i was the second driver to it.[should no better].
rgds mark.

My wife spent, what turned out to be a few months, working for a well known Nursing agency in the office.
Part of her job was phoning round, & round & round until every job was filled, she was expected to know who could be gently pressured into work they could not do & have a good knowledge of ere each person & each job was so as she could respond quickly to ā€œI canā€™t becauseā€¦ā€.
The only thing that mattered was the profit margin each month, the pressure to meet & exceed targets was a constant.

Things changed a couple of years ago at potto when the main man running the steel retired and they brought a guy up from down south. The lads who had worked with him in the past all begged to move onto the tauts. Some men even left as they refused to move them. Now nobody will shuffle round because they donā€™t want to work under him. Didnā€™t you have a quite word with Mally?